Venue: Rochdale Town Hall, The Esplanade, Rochdale, OL16 1AB
Contact: Alison James Michael Garraway
Declarations of Interest
Members are required to declare any disclosable pecuniary, personal or personal and prejudicial interests they may have and the nature of those interests relating to items on this agenda and/or indicate if S106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992 applies to them.
There were no declarations of interest.
Exclusion of Press and Public
To consider that the press and public be excluded from the remaining part of the meeting pursuant to Section 100(A)4 of the Local Government Act 1972 on the grounds that discussions may involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in the provisions of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972 and public interest would not be served in publishing the information.
That the Press and Public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following items of business, in accordance with the provisions of Section 100A (4) of the Local Government Act 1972, as amended.
Reason for Decision:
Should the press and public remain during the debate on these items there may be a disclosure of information that is deemed to be exempt under Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972.
Rochdale Riverside Update
To provide Cabinet with an update on the Rochdale Riverside development.
Cabinet considered a report of the Director of Economy updating Members on the Council’s position following a recent announcement by Marks & Spencer that they no longer intend to occupy the Rochdale Riverside scheme.
· To delay the decision on whether to proceed with the scheme until the M&S issue is fully resolved.
· To delay the decision on whether to proceed until an alternative occupier to replace M&S or an alternative tenant line up is formally agreed.
· To not proceed and abandon the scheme.
Decision: That -
(1) The current position with the Rochdale Riverside development following the announcement by Marks & Spencer that they no longer intend to occupy the scheme, be noted;
(2) That Marks and Spencer have an agreement for lease with Genr8 to occupy the scheme, be noted;
(3) Cabinet reaffirms its commitment to continue with the Rochdale Riverside development with a start on site in early 2018.
Reason for decision:
The Council and its development partner Genr8 are of the opinion that this is a legally-binding agreement and Genr8 will be pursuing a resolution through either direct discussions with M&S or through the appropriate legal channels.