Venue: Hollingworth (Room 108ABC), First Floor, Number One Riverside, Smith Street, Rochdale, OL16 1XU. View directions
Contact: Michael Garraway 924716
Declarations of Interest
Members are required to declare any disclosable pecuniary, personal or personal and prejudicial interests they may have and the nature of those interests relating to items on this agenda and/or indicate if S106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992 applies to them.
Councillors Davidson and Stott declared a pecuniary interest in a submitted application from the Pennines in Bloom Group, as they hold positions within the group.
Urgent Items of Business
To determine whether there are any additional items of business which, by reason of special circumstances, the Chair decides should be considered at the meeting as a matter of urgency.
The Chair indicated an additional item of business would be accepted, namely an application from residents for the installation of bollards on a grass verge at Duke Street, on the grounds that there were no further meetings of the Sub-Committee within the municipal year.
To consider the minutes of the meeting of the Pennines Township Delegated and Funding Sub-Committee meeting held on 10th January 2018.
Resolved: That the minutes of the meeting of the Pennines Township Delegated and Funding Sub-Committee held on 10th January 2018 be approved as a correct record.
To determine applications for funding from Pennines Township Funds.
The Director of Neighbourhoods submitted a report requesting the Sub-Committee consider applications for funding that had been submitted by and on behalf of individuals and groups and for projects.
Alternatives considered: the Sub-Committee were asked to support or decline proposed schemes within the submitted report.
The Sub-Committee received representations from applicants who addressed Members in relation to their applications.
(1) The expenditure, commitments and balances of Pennines Township Revenue and Capital Funds as detailed in Appendices 1 and 2 of the submitted report be noted;
(2) The decisions made under delegated authority as detailed in Appendix 3 of the submitted report be noted;
(3) The Sub-Committee notes that the Townships& Communities Manager has assessed the proposed projects to be considered for funding against the criteria of the Pennines Township Fund, the priorities of the Township and that any specific risks have been identified;
(4) The Townships & Communities Manager, in consultation with the Chair and Vice Chair of this Sub-Committee, be given delegated authority to make appropriate decisions on any deferred projects;
(5) Applications for assistance from the Pennines Township Revenue and Capital Funds, as detailed in Appendix 4 of the submitted report, were determined as follows:
Reasons for resolution:
Management of the Pennines Township Fund was a function delegated to the
Pennines Township Delegated and Funding Sub-Committee. Pennines
Township Funds were allocated to various projects and schemes that would benefit the Township’s community and environment, and help to realise the Township’s priorities. The report also enabled the Sub-Committee to monitor and review the use of the Pennines Township Funds to ensure continued efficient and effective use of these Funds.