Venue: Hollingworth B&C , First Floor, Training & Conference Suite, Number One Riverside, Smith Street, Rochdale, OL16 1XU. View directions
Contact: Peter Thompson 924715
To receive any apologies for absence.
Apologies for absence were received from Councillor Blundell and Councillor Kelly.
Declarations of Interest
Members are required to declare any disclosable pecuniary, personal or personal and prejudicial interests they may have and the nature of those interests relating to items on this agenda and/or indicate if S106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992 applies to them.
There were no declarations of interests.
Members are requested to approve the Minutes of the Meeting of Pennines Township Delegated and Funding Sub-Committee, held 3rd October 2020.
That the Minutes of the meeting of Pennines Township Delegated and Funding Sub-Committee, held 3rd October 2019, be approved as a correct record.
To consider applications for funding from the Township’s Capital and Revenue Funds 2019/2020
The Sub-Committee considered a report of the Director of Neighbourhoods which provided an update on the revenue and capital expenditure, commitments and balances of the Pennines Township Funds 2019/20, which would enable the Sub-Committee to consider the allocation of funds to proposed projects.
Alternatives considered: In considering the report, Members considered whether or not to approve the allocation of funds to projects as appropriate.
1. That the expenditure, commitments and balances for Pennines Township revenue and capital funds as detailed in Appendices 1 and 2 of the submitted report, be noted;
2. That decisions made under delegated authority as detailed in Appendix 3 of the submitted report, be noted;
3. That it be noted that the Townships and Communities Manager has assessed proposed projects that were to be considered for funding against the criteria of eligibility for the Pennines Township Fund, the priorities of the Township and that any specific risks were identified in the submitted report;
4. That the applications for Township Funds 2019/20 be dealt with as outlined in the table below.
5. That the Townships and Communities Manager, in consultation with the Chair and Vice Chair of the Sub-Committee, be given delegated authority to make decisions on any deferred projects.
Reasons for the decision:
The recommendations in the report were presented as management of the Pennines Township Fund is a function that is delegated to the Pennines Township Delegated and Funding Sub Committee. Pennines Township Funds are allocated to projects that benefit the Township’s community and environment, and realise the Township’s priorities and which will enable the Sub-Committee to monitor and review the use of the Pennines Township Fund to ensure the continued efficient and effective use of the funds.
Eligible for Call-in: Yes