Agenda and minutes

Venue: Wardleworth Community Centre, South Street, Rochdale OL16 2EP. View directions

Contact: Gary Finch - Tel: 01706 924817 

Items
No. Item

103.

Introductions and Code of Conduct pdf icon PDF 15 KB

104.

PACT meeting - Greater Manchester Police

    Minutes:

    GMP informed residents that the following incidents had been reported over the last four months:

     

    Residential burglaries 48

    Burglaries (other) 27

    Robbery 8

    Theft from motor vehicle 20

    Theft of motor vehicle 15

    Criminal Damage 112

     

    Although criminal damage had doubled in recent months residents were reassured that the incidents were not race / hate related.

     

    The Forum was also informed that an additional PCSO would be starting in the near future with a specific remit for Wardleworth. However overall PC and PCSO numbers in the Ward had reduced over the last 12 months and as a consequence residents were reminded that GMP cannot respond to all calls. Having said that residents were encouraged to contact 101 in non-emergency cases as this would record incidents that occur.

     

    Residents raised concerns about beggars near the Mosque and drug dealing that was occurring near the Community Centre.

     

     

105.

Minutes of last meeting, matters arising and updates pdf icon PDF 64 KB

    Minutes:

    The following updates were provided:

     

    1.    A response had been sent to the resident who raised concerns about the speed humps on Entwistle Road, re-opening the road near to the Shell Petrol Station and parking congestion on Back Bradshaw Street.

     

    2.    A response had been given to the resident who raised concerns about the planning application to introduce a car park on land adjacent to Arif Grocers.

     

    3.    It was unlikely that an additional pedestrian crossing would be installed on Entwistle Road as there are already three crossings on this road and extensive traffic calming measures have been introduced.

     

    4.    A resident informed the Forum that the ‘Science Extravaganza’ held at Wardleworth Community Centre on Sunday 12th March was a great success.

     

    The minutes of the Central Rochdale Area Forum held at Wardleworth Community Centre on Thursday 9th March were approved as a correct record.

106.

Rochdale Football Club

107.

Open Forum

    Minutes:

    Residents raised the following issues:

     

    1.    Heybrook Playing Fields

     

    A resident stated that the above playing fields are not cut frequently enough and that local sports teams that use the area are suffering as a result.

     

    The Township and Engagement Officer agreed to investigate this further.

     

    2.    Youth Provision

     

    Concerns were raised about the lack of youth provision within the Ward.

     

    The Township and Engagement Officer agreed to investigate this further.

     

    3.    Heybrook Environmental Action Team (HEAT)

     

    Chris Robinson Director of the above Group informed the Forum of the work that has been undertaken by HEAT to regenerate Heybrook river basin.

     

    The Forum thanked Mr Robinson for his presentation and congratulated him on the work of his group.

     

    4.    Fly tipping

     

    Concerns were raised about fly-tipping on Selby Street and the need to educate residents regarding recycling.

     

    5.    Dog fouling on Cronkeyshaw Common

     

    A resident raised concerns about the amount of dog fouling on the common and asked if residents in the area could be leafleted about the problem.

     

    The Township and Engagement Officer agreed to investigate this further.

     

    6.    Kerb height – taxi rank (Rochdale Town Centre)

     

    A resident raised his concerns again about the height of the kerb that runs adjacent to the taxi rank in Rochdale Town Centre and that this was problematical for wheelchair users.

     

    The Township and Engagement Officer advised that he had received a response to this previously which stated that the kerb line along that stretch is a standard height for carriageway requirements. It was very unlikely that this would change.

     

     

     

    7.    A resident raised a concern about flooding on Oswald Street.

     

    He was advised to attend the Flood Risk Hub that is held in the Ward.

     

    8.    A resident stated that some flood resilience work had been completed, however a water pump had been fitted at his property on Selby Street but without a pipe.

     

    The Township and Engagement Officer agreed to pass this information to the relevant Officer.

     

     

108.

Ward News

109.

Ward/Members Funds 2017/2018 and projects supported during 2016/2017

110.

Date and time of the next meeting