Agenda and minutes

Venue: Moss Street Youth Centre, Moss Street, Rochdale. View directions

Contact: Valery White - Tel. 01706 924858 

Items
No. Item

1.

Introductions and Apologies/Code of Conduct pdf icon PDF 23 KB

    Minutes:

    Councillor Shakil Ahmed chaired the meeting in the absence of Martin. The chair introduced himself to the forum and thanked everyone for attending. Attention was drawn to the code of conduct, a summary of which was read out. All attendees were asked to abide by the code for the duration of the meeting.

2.

Minutes from the last meeting/updates pdf icon PDF 68 KB

    Minutes:

    The minutes of the previous meeting were agreed and updates were provided.

    Witley Road Area Street Lighting (RQ4152)
    Hoping to get fixed very soon, sorting existing light and issues around access and whether an additional column is needed.

    Rosefield Crescent/Metrolink
    The fence has been installed and the stones have been glued down to stop youths throwing them at properties. There were concerns that the holes in the fence won’t stop youths throwing stones. A meeting with Metrolink is planned at the end of the month.

    Milnrow Road TRO
    The TRO needs enforcement.
    Action 1: Raise with Highways Department to enforce in the area (Anthony Jackson/Val White)

3.

Greater Manchester Police - PACT Meeting

    Minutes:

    PC Walsh gave an update to the forum:
    Burglary dwellings are mainly on Turf Hill and around Newbold.  Some burglaries are the result of insecurities and some break-ins.  Burglary others have occurred in the same areas and also around Oldham Road.

    Metrolink: 4 damages, platforms and houses. Patrolled as a hot spot and area had plain clothes police operations.  Will repeat if resources allow.  More cameras have been installed.  Collection of footage will be discussed at the meeting with Metrolink at the end of March.

    Crime figures:

     

    Indicator

    Kingsway

     

    Q3

    Total crime

    403

    Burglary

    25

    Vehicle crime

    57

    Violent crime

    112

    ASB incidents

    194

    Criminal damage & arson

    57

     

    Pact priorities:

    1.      ASB around Newbold and Metrolink

    PC Walsh informed the forum that from 8 May 2016 there will be a PC and 4 PCSOs on duty at the same time.  This action should be more effective.

4.

Open Forum

    Minutes:

    Grot Spots and Signage Issues
    The forum raised a number of grot spots in the ward, in particular in the area of Morrisons, the Metrolink stop and top Crown Street. The Township Office will investigate and refer to the Clean and Green Team to clear.  Issues were also raised with damaged signage in the area.  The Township Officer will investigate this matter and feedback at the next forum.
    Action 2: Investigate issues raised (Anthony Jackson)

    Belfield Lane Reflectors
    The reflectors off the chicanes on Belfield Lane are missing.
    Action 3: Conduct site visit and report to Highways (Anthony Jackson)

    Rosefield Crescent Lighting
    Residents raised concerns about the street lighting on Rosefield Crescent.  They were informed that the Council is in a contract with Eon and that lighting levels are in line with the requirements of the contract.

5.

Ward News

    Minutes:

    The TRO for Milnrow Road will be complete in the next few months.
    Belfield Street and Charlotte Street works have now started.
    The TRO for Rosefield Crescent, Bertha Street and Newbold has been commissioned.

6.

Date and time of the next meeting

    Minutes:

    Thursday 26 May 2016 at 6.30pm
    Moss Street Youth Centre, Moss Street, Rochdale