Venue: Newbold Baptist Church, Milnrow Road, Rochdale OL16 5DW. View directions
Contact: Rachel Hudson - Tel 01706 924343
All were welcomed to the meeting and apologies were noted. Attention was drawn to the code of conduct, a summary of which was read out. All attendees were asked to abide by the code for the duration of the meeting.
minutes of the previous meeting were agreed and the
followingupdates were provided.
Greater Manchester Police - PACT meeting
The following statistics are for this quarter
(previous quarter in brackets).
Burglary other: 17 (8)
Taking of Motor Vehicle: 10 (13)
Taking from Motor Vehicle: 40 (20)
Robbery: 11 (6)
Anti-Social Behaviour: 42 (40)
· 1 x arrest and charge for burglary and recall to prison of a prolific offender.
· 1 x wanted for burglary and recall regarding the same incident as above.
· Several youths arrested for theft of a motor vehicle and burglary offences in the past week resulting in charges and court hearings in due course.
· A vehicle on false plates recovered and male arrested.
· Number plates being stolen and placed on stolen vehicles – ‘Safe Plate’ events held at Morrison’s and Springfield Hospice were well attended. GMP will arrange and advertise further events.
· Series of robberies are being investigated; update to be given at the next forum.
· GMP’s website has a reporting feature that can be used by the general public to log lower level crimes/issues as an alternative to ringing their national call centre 101 number.
· A previous request to repair Rochdale Council’s community speed watch equipment was actioned and it is now in use across the borough.
Action 5: PC Walsh will contact the relevant officer in GMP who arranges the operations and enquire further.
Date and time of the next meeting
13 May 2019 at 6.30pm