Agenda and minutes

Venue: Norden Methodist Church. View directions

Contact: Rachel Hudson - Tel: 01706 924343 

Items
No. Item

1.

Introductions, Apologies and Code of Conduct pdf icon PDF 15 KB

    Minutes:

    The Chair introduced himself and officers present, and welcomed all to the meeting.  A special introduction was also given to P. Massey, Chair of Spotland & Falinge Forum.  He referred to the code of conduct and asked all to abide by the code for the duration of the meeting.

2.

Minutes from the last meeting and matters arising pdf icon PDF 85 KB

    Minutes:

    The minutes of the previous meeting held on Tuesday 13 June 2017 were approved as a correct record.

    Ashbourne Street parking issues and TRO Edenfield Road/Blackpits Road/Bus Terminus area
    The application for the Traffic Regulation Order (H60/1182) will not be submitted to the funding committee now until at least January 2018.  It is at this meeting residents could be given the opportunity to attend and express their views about the village parking concerns on Ashbourne Street.  The Chair expressed his desire for an officer from Highways to attend the December forum to meet with residents to discuss matters of serious concern.  Councillor Holly stated he will approach the Director, Mark Widdup, to arrange this request.  The forum voted in favour of an officer attending to address all these issues.
    Action: Councillor Holly to address Highways/Director regarding attendance at the forum on 12 December 2017

    Former Turner Bros Site
    The Chair stated the latest update from the Council wasn’t fulfilling enough for local residents without any answers given to the questions posed.  The site sits within the Healey ward but also borders Spotland and Falinge ward and also Norden.  A separate public meeting will be arranged in due course to deal with the issues and concerns of residents and to look at the two reports which are pending; one from the site owners and one from the Council on air sampling.  An officer from the Council’s Environmental Health Department will attend.

    Moss Row
    C. McHugh from Moss Row Community Allotment Society updated the forum.  Judges from the Rochdale in Bloom were very impressed when taken around the woodland and informed of the history of the site.  The local history society organised a walk around the site in August that attracted 40 people and a group of 10 local Rochdale artists participated in a walk and painted the local scenery.  Contact has also been made with Whittaker Moss Primary School to resurrect the gardening club.  Updates will be provided in articles for the ‘Streetwise’ booklet in each edition.  The allotments are for the use of the community and any groups are welcome at any time to make use of them.  The site is fully open to the community. 
    The Chair and local Councillors praised the efforts of local volunteers who strive to assist the enjoyment of the residents by clearing land and ensuring areas are cultivated and maintained which also assisted the Norden contribution to the Rochdale in Bloom entry.

    Footpaths
    The footpath at side of Chapel (St James, Ashworth) is in state of dilapidation and Council’s dedicated Rights of Way Officer (J. Simpson) has agreed that the community can trim back the overgrowth until the contractors can attend to address the bigger problem.

    Furbarn Lane
    Councillor Winkler advised the forum that there had been issues with vehicles accessing the road.  National Grid will install a barrier/kissing gates to restrict this area.

    Bamford Old Hall
    Thanks were given to the forum from S. Cresswell for the efforts of residents opposing  ...  view the full minutes text for item 2.

3.

Greater Manchester Police

    Minutes:

    Latest crime figures for Norden:

    Burglary commercial premises: 3
    Burglary dwelling: 22
    Theft from motor vehicle: 17
    Theft of motor vehicle: 6 (3 vehicles stolen by means of burglary of keys from household)

    PACT -Priorities agreed:

     

    1.    Drugs

    2.      Youths causing annoyance

    3.      Burglary

     

    GMP was not present at the meeting as resources are very stretched at the moment and local PC R. Ibbotson has had a promotion which has moved him over to the Oldham division.  A replacement is being addressed.  The Chair advised residents to note down any concerns and they will be passed over to GMP via Township.  The Chair praised the local PCSO who is doing a great job alone under the present circumstances.  GMP asked residents to be vigilant and lock up their property (house/garden/cars) over the next few months as the dark months approach.  Praise for GMP officers was given for their speedy response and management of the recent travellers’ encampment on Caldershaw Road, along with the efforts of the Council’s Environmental Management Department under the direction of M. Widdup.  There has been a recent spate of criminal damage to bus shelters in the past month (3 broken in Norden and 2 in the Bamford ward).  Councillor Winkler has spoken to JC Decaux, who will only replace the bus shelters with acrylic shelters when they have been smashed 3 times in a 12 month period due to the cost.

     

    ·           Op Dragster – Plans are in progress with a new reporting form online for off-road bikes.

    ·           Travellers – Successful process carried out by GMP and RBH involving regular visits.

    ·           Theft from motor vehicle - Male adult arrested and charged.  Prolific male offender is due to be arrested for several jobs in Norden/Bamford.

    ·           Burglaries – Prolific offender has been charged and remanded to prison awaiting court trial.  Currently awaiting finger print hits coming back to link him with Norden burglaries.

    ·           Youths causing annoyance – Low reports across the division.  Graffiti on Heap Road was dealt with by fixed penalty notice issued by RBH.  There is a problem with smashed bus shelters which is being monitored.

    ·           Drugs – Snippets of information coming in regarding drug dealing in the area

    Any issues/matters to be reported to the Police by ringing 101.

4.

Councillor Update

    Minutes:

    Councillor Winkler provided the update.  Praise was given to the Council’s Environmental Management Department and GMP in their speedy response and management of the recent travellers’ encampment on Caldershaw.  The local ward Councillors attended local residents’ houses to provide updates and give reassure about any concerns.  Work has now commenced on the play equipment at the adjacent park site.  Councillors welcomed residents advising them of any road/pavement repairs needed and they will escalate.

5.

Open Forum

    Minutes:

    Hutchinson Road
    The junction linings need repainting as do the ‘SLOW’ sign on the approach to the park at the top of the lane.
    Action: Townships to escalate issue to Highways

    Heritage Green
    Decision being determined by East Cheshire Council’s Planning Department has now been put back until the first week in December 2017.

    Scout Moor Wind Farm
    The decision was rejected by Rossendale.  Councillor Holly is liaising with the Council’s Planning Department to gather information in terms of our area.  Praise was given to all residents who attended the meetings and the public enquiry.

    Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association
    An awards ceremony was recently held at Gorton Monastery and the volunteers won an award for their work and efforts.

    Furbarn end of School Lane
    Residents requested an inspection and remedial repairs.
    Action: Townships to escalate issue to Highways

    Forsyth Street Traffic Issues
    Residents reported parking problems occurring on Forsyth Street.  Cars are parked on both sides of the street and as the yellow lines are ‘fragmented’ parking wardens state it is unenforceable.  Also a request was made to replace the ‘no through road’ sign.
    Action: Townships to contact Highways about repainting the double yellow lineage and the replacement of the ‘No through road’ sign.

    Forsyth Street ASB
    Residents reported ASB issues with youths playing football on Forsyth Street.  The issues have been raised previously and the Council and GMP PCSO had visited.  The matter was escalated again.

    Neighbourhood Plan
    Residents are putting together a document/plan which will enable them to be able to input to the Local Authority and other statutory bodies what priorities there are in the ward.  Meetings are held monthly with the support of the local Councillors.  Further information can be found at
    www.nordenneighbourhoodforum.org.uk

6.

Date and time of next meeting