Agenda and minutes

Venue: Sparth Community Centre, Norman Road, Rochdale OL11 4HS. View directions

Contact: Katie Moore - Tel No. 01706 924770 

Items
No. Item

1.

Introductions and Code of Conduct pdf icon PDF 23 KB

2.

Minutes from last meeting pdf icon PDF 77 KB

3.

Matters arising from previous minutes

    Minutes:

    Amendment to minute p. 2 GMP - Domestic burglary - two reports have been received in the last quarter
    Amendment was made to minutes.

    Mandale Park
    Ian Trickett (Environmental Management) was in attendance to provide an update.

    Update on work around unauthorised encampments of traveller groups
    The Council has been evaluating a number of possible responses to the issues raised by unauthorised encampments of traveller groups in inappropriate areas.

    The legislation available to deal with these occurrences is split between the landowner (the Council in most instances) and the Police. These rules take account of the human and legal rights of the landowner; residents affected by the encampment and the travellers and are very prescriptive in the way that they can be applied.

    The Council has been working closely with the Police to agree an approach that will allow the encampment to be moved-on at the earliest opportunity, utilising Police powers. A specific set of circumstances has to be in place to allow the Police to use their powers and the Council has undertaken to ensure that these conditions are met. It is envisaged that this approach will ensure that encampments are moved on within 24 hours unless special circumstances apply, for example a medical emergency, where a different response may be required.

    The traditional travelling season is between 14 February and 5 November.

    Manchester Road-double yellow lines
    Request was sent to Highways to contact resident.

    Individual Electoral Registration- request for National Insurance Number
    This registration is a new feature and was introduced as a Government anti-electoral fraud measure.

    Update on the former Castle Pub
    Following a site visit it has been reported that the building looks reasonably secure. A local resident expressed concern about the trip hazard presented by the bulk bag of sand and assorted rubbish outside the front door therefore it has been removed. Options for other action are limited; a notice could be sent requiring the broken windows to be boarded and existing poor quality boarding to be replaced. It is hoped that this might prompt the owner to take action. The pub has also been referred to GMP.

    Speeding traffic - Albion Road and New Barn Lane
    Albion Road - the area is subject to a 20mph speed limit with traffic calming features predominately on Norman Road.  Due to the number of HGVs and larger vehicles using the area combined with the close frontages of properties, vibration of properties was a potential problem, as such the scheme does not include any traffic calming on Albion Road.

    If additional traffic calming is required on Albion Road, Rochdale Township would have to provide funds.  Enforcement of the current speed limit within the area comes under the jurisdiction of GM Police.

    New Barn Lane – The area is also subject to a 20mph speed limit and has a number of traffic calming features such a flat topped humps and speed cushions.  If amendments are
    required to the traffic calming funding would need to come from Rochdale Township.  Enforcement  ...  view the full minutes text for item 3.

4.

Greater Manchester Police - PACT meeting

    Minutes:

    Latest crime figures from last quarter (24 September to 10 December):

     

    ·         Burglary Dwelling – 0

    ·         Burglary Other - 0

    ·         Theft from motor vehicles - 3 (this has included number plates and windscreen wipers)

    ·         Theft of motor vehicles -2

    ·         Criminal damage - 3

    ·         Mini motors – 0

    ·         Theft of pedal cycle -1

     

    PCSO Anderton provided an overview of operations and events that have/are taking place.  She advised of Operation Dark Nights and Operation Bauble providing advice and safety resources/equipment to assist in keeping properties safe.

5.

Open Forum

    ·               Peel Energy/Scout Moor Wind Farm Proposals

    ·               Councillors’ report

    ·               Local planning applications (updates)

    ·               Environmental Management

    Minutes:

    Peel Energy/Scout Moor Wind Farm Proposals
    A representative from Peel Energy Ltd attended to give details of the proposed expansion to Scout Moor Wind Farm. After giving some of the background around the business of Peel Holdings, he explained that the original expansion was to consist of an additional 26 turbines and that this would have been decided at a national level. Following consultation the plans now consist of an additional 16 turbines of up to 115m high, and this plan will be decided by both Rochdale and Rossendale Councils. Further details can be obtained on the website http://www.scoutmoorwindfarm.co.uk/.

    Councillors’ report
    Councillor Zaheer provided an overview of work she has been involved in since the last forum.  Recycling remains a big issue and she confirmed next month it is planned to do more outreach work.  A health fair was held at Deeplish Community Centre yesterday and it was well attended.  It is hoped that there will be similar fairs at other community centres.

    Local planning applications (updates)

    ·      There is a proposed demolition of two gasholders and associated redundant buildings and pipework at Rochdale Holder Station.

    ·      Aldi has submitted a planning application for a 19,000 sq. ft. foodstore on Mellor Street in Rochdale town centre.

     

    Environmental Management
    An update was provided by Ian Trickett on Mandale Park.  Environmental Management are seeking residents’ feedback on a vision for the park.  The vision is looking to attract wildlife and to utilise the natural environment.  It is hoped that Section 106 monies will be allocated to the park for developmental work.  The forum had discussions on entrances to the park and some of the ideas that are to be considered such as trails and architectural features.
    Action 2: Ian to liaise with Kenny Farrar regarding having a display about the park at Sparth Community Centre (Ian Trickett)

    Sparth Community Centre Planters
    Kenny asked whether Environmental Management could assist in helping them prepare some planters which can be planted by some of their volunteers.
    Action 3: Ian to contact Kenny regarding location of planters (Ian Trickett)

6.

Any Other Business

7.

Date and time of the next meeting