Venue: G10 - Number One Riverside. View directions
Contact: Katie Moore - Tel. 01706 924770
Introduction & Apologies
The Chair introduced all to the meeting and read out
the purpose of the group for new and former members.
The previous minutes were agreed. Councillor Sheerin advised that last year they ensured money was available to cover projects that had a timescale between the last meeting of the financial year and the first meeting of 2014/15.
Review of projects 2013/14
Katie provided an overview of the projects funded in
2013-14. Extracts were taken from the
Rochdale Township Communities and Engagement Priority Group
Chair’s Report and feedback forms received. It was advised that not all projects have taken
place yet and a request will be sent for feedback from those
Rochdale Township Funding 2014/15
£20,000 has been allocated to the Communities and Engagement funding stream for 2014/15. This funding is for revenue projects only.
Two bids have been received:
· League budget £411
· New kit expenses £1,381
· Ground fee in summer £1,500
· Refreshment expenses £500
· Activities for community engagement day £1000
· Payment to M6 Theatre, 10 sessions £500
· Transport £500
· Resources for Youth Session including an education visit to Imperial War Museum £1000
agreed that further information is needed and that both groups be
invited to the next meeting to present their
application. Due to timescales of the
projects a special meeting will be arranged to consider the
· Update from meeting: In the ‘Declaration’ section of the application form it does says: “Highlight the support of Rochdale Township in all publicity material and agree to Rochdale Council’s use of the organisation’s name and photographs for promotional purposes”. Therefore, applicants are asked to acknowledge support from Rochdale Township.
A discussion was also had about the Area Forums. The group were assured that the Township Team are looking at increasing the uptake of the forums. All the feedback from the meeting with be shared with the Lead Townships Officer.
Date and time of next meeting
7 October 2014