Agenda and minutes

Venue: Spodden (Room 410) - Number One Riverside. View directions

Contact: Katie Moore - Tel. 01706 924770 

Items
No. Item

1.

Introductions & Apologies

2.

Previous Minutes and Matters Arising pdf icon PDF 49 KB

    Minutes:

    The previous minutes were agreed.

    Councillor Nickson advised that due to weather conditions the Edwardian event planned by the Kirkholt Youth Group had to be cancelled.  On 7 August 2014 the Communities and Engagement Priority Group agreed to support an application from the Kirkholt Youth Group of £3,000 and £1,000 from this allocation was to be used towards the Edwardian event.  It was agreed that clarification needs to be sought whether the event will be rescheduled.  Youth Services would be asked to reimburse the £1,000 if the event is not to go ahead and be invited to reapply should they wish to host an alternative event/activity.
    Action 1: Contact Youth Services re: £1,000 (Katie Moore)

3.

Rochdale Township Funding 2014/15 - Bids Received

    Minutes:

    Balance available for allocation - £11,810.49

    Functional Fitness MOT Course (Link4Life) £820
    Councillor Sheerin declared an interest in this application.

    Paul Gardner and Shirley Waller gave a presentation which provided an overview of the project that would cost £820 to deliver.  The funds would be used for the
    provision of a 10 week Functional Fitness MOT course to improve the health and wellbeing of residents in Rochdale Township and help those participants have a better quality of life.  Members were also shown a report which provided a summary of the pilot project and the impact it has had so far.

    Members agreed to support the amount of £820 for the Functional Fitness MOT Course.

    Rochdale Township Sport and Cultural Programme – Summer 2015 (Link4Life) £8,500
    Claire Costigan provided an overview of the programme and she included an outline of the outcomes (facts and figures) relating to the Summer Programme 2014.  The application was to support a Summer Programme in 2015 at a cost of £8,500 that provides six weeks of activities aimed at young people (aged 5-18 years old) during the summer holidays.  Members queried whether there are activities that cater for those who may not want to participate in sporting activities.  It was confirmed that there is an art element to the programme, ie the fun days include arts and crafts activities.

    Councillor Nickson asked about participation levels relating to gender.  Figures revealed that more males participated than females.  It was felt that perhaps there could be other activities which could address the gender imbalance.
    Action 2: Councillor Sheerin to raise comments from Communities & Engagement Priority Group at the Link4Life Board meeting (Councillor Sheerin)

    Councillor Linden asked Claire to contact Julian Jefferson to look into providing an event to be hosted at Touchstones as part of the Summer Programme.  He agreed to contribute £500 from his Member’s Fund towards an event.
    Action 3: Claire to contact Julian re: event at Touchstones (Claire Costigan)

    Action 4: Councillor Linden to approach fellow Ward Councillors about supporting an event at Touchstones with a grant up to £1,500 (Councillor Linden)

    Members agreed to defer the Summer Programme application as there was limited funds available in this particular funding stream.  It was proposed to contact all Councillors to seek their agreement to contribute a proportion of Members Funds to support the delivery of this scheme.
    Action 5: Write to all Rochdale Township Councillors concerning contribution of proportion of Members Funds (Katie Moore)

    JAWS Musical Theatre Project (JAWS Theatre Group) £3,900
    Members of the theatre project attended and provided an overview of their next theatre production ‘Into the Woods’. 
    The grant would enable the group to acquire stage equipment at a cost of £3,900 to support this and future productions making the project more sustainable.  The equipment has been rented for previous shows and buying the equipment would achieve a long term saving for the theatre group.

    There was some discussion whether this met the conditions under revenue funding as it could be considered  ...  view the full minutes text for item 3.

4.

Date and time of next meeting