Agenda and minutes

Venue: St Mary's (Balderstone) Church, Oldham Road, Rochdale OL11 2HB. View directions

Contact: Katie Moore - Tel. 01706 924770 

Items
No. Item

1.

Introductions and Code of Conduct pdf icon PDF 23 KB

    Minutes:

    The chair introduced himself to the forum and thanked everyone for attending. Attention was drawn to the code of conduct, a summary of which was read out. All attendees were asked to abide by the code for the duration of the meeting.

2.

PACT Meeting - Greater Manchester Police

    Minutes:

    Crime
    (taken for past 3 months compared to last year)

    Burglary: Slight increase by 35%
    Burglary other (business premises): Down by 50%
    Theft from motor vehicles: Down by 7%
    Theft of motor vehicles: No change
    Criminal Damage: Down by 56%
    ASB: Down by 37%

    Hate Crime: Down by 100%

    Seven warrants were made over Sept-Nov. Some cannabis farms were found and small amounts of cannabis for personal use. GMP is working with RBH, sending out warnings to those involved due to breaching their tenancy agreement.

    PCSO Dewhurst provided an overview of operations and events that have/are taking place.
    He advised of Operation Dark Nights and Operation Bauble providing advice and safety resources/equipment to assist in keeping properties safe. Window alarms were distributed. Resident were invited to contact Katie should further alarms be needed. Light timers are also available. Residents were also reminded not to leave cars running when defrosting and leaving them unoccupied.

    Advice was given on keeping safe on the internet. Criminals are increasingly relying on the internet to defraud people or steal their identities, and there are lots of scams circulating which use email and social networks, were criminals will ask for your personal information, bank or credit card numbers, or online login details. For more information on how to stay safe online visit gmp.police.uk/internetsafety

    PACT
    PACT priorities agreed in meeting:

    ·         Burglary

    ·         Speeding

    ·         Daventry Road Flats- to address ASB

    Concern was raised about speeding traffic and not keeping within the 20mph limit. Areas to note include Daventry Road, The Strand, Hilltop Drive and Hartley Lane.
    Action 1: Obtain highways statistics on effectiveness of illuminated 20mph signs around the Kirkholt estate (Katie Moore).
    Action 2: Contact bus company and taxi firm to ask to be mindful of speed limit (GMP & Katie Moore).

    The Youth Service and GMP are both tackling problems with ASB at the flats on Daventry Road. It was agreed for letters to be sent to tenants to remind them of their responsibilities in ensuring the safety doors are used properly and to not let people in the flats via the buzzer if they do not know who they are.

    Action 3: Carry out letter drop at flats on Daventry Road (RBH).

3.

Presentations/Updates

    RBH – The Strand (10 minutes)
    Kirkholt Million
    Peel Energy/Scout Moor Wind Farm Proposals

    Minutes:

    Peel Energy/Scout Moor Wind Farm Proposals
    A representative from Peel Energy Ltd attended to give details of the proposed expansion to Scout Moor Wind Farm. After giving some of the background around the business of Peel Holdings, he explained that the original expansion was to consist of an additional 26 turbines and that this would have been decided at a national level. Following consultation the plans now consist of an additional 16 turbines of up to 115m high, and this plan will be decided by both Rochdale and Rossendale Councils. Further details can be obtained on the website http://www.scoutmoorwindfarm.co.uk/.

    RBH
    The forum heard a presentation from RBH who provided an update on the works around the Strand. Plans are being drawn up and finalised for a new community building; with ideas to host a community cafe, shops, skill development spaces and community rooms to rent for events and parties. It is hoped there will be a resident and community consultation event in January- details are to be confirmed.

    Following feedback, there was a general feeling that the retailers currently on The Strand are not being kept informed or consulted on the development works. It was advised that the retailers can go to the drop in centre anytime should they want further information. It was agreed that it would be made a priority for a representative of RBH to visit each retailer before Christmas and address and concerns they may have.
    Action 4: RBH to visit every retailer on The Strand before the Christmas break (RBH).

    Councillor Farnell highlighted there had been concerns about using the community space effectively however new proposals have been put forward allowing more flexibility for the use of the facilities. Thanks was given to RBH for listening to what people said and responding.

    Kirkholt Million
    Based on the consultation feedback, a community plan has been created and this is being checked by the central body. The plan will be presented to the wider community once it has been checked and agreed. Work will start after Christmas and the group are looking for people to get involved.

4.

Minutes of last meeting and matters arising pdf icon PDF 80 KB

    Minutes:

    The minutes of the previous meeting were approved as a true record.

    Updates:

    Send PACT Priorities to PCSO Holland
    PACT priorities were sent to PCSO Holland. Updates were provided earlier in the meeting.

    Include PACT meeting to poster and consult with PCSO Holland on the advertisement of the PACT meetings
    PACT meeting included onto poster and have liaised with PCSO Holland about communication channels to increase attendance.

    Kirkholt Million to be included as an agenda item for December’s meeting
    Item was added to the meeting agenda.

    Katie to liaise with RBH re: advertising Community Meeting
    The poster was sent to RBH. They have said they are able to promote the meetings through their drop in centre in Kirkholt and via their newsletter.

5.

Forum Ideas

    Minutes:

    A discussion was had about continuing to promote the community meeting. Kirkholt Million will be included as an agenda item at the next meeting.

6.

Open Forum

    Minutes:

    Councillor Nickson advised on some of the work/initiatives she has been involved in. This included Public Service Reform. Councillor Nickson recently attended a multi-agency meeting to look at ways of improving the delivery of services. In addition to this, work is being undertaken to look at addressing issues of unemployment, educational and training needs/attainment amongst young people in the ward. One of the main ideas is support early intervention work and identifying appropriate levels and ages where this is going to be most effective.

7.

Date and time of next meeting

    Minutes:

    Balderstone and Kirkholt Community Meeting
    Tuesday, 10th March, 2015 6.30 pm