Venue: Kirkholt Community Church, Daventry Road, Rochdale OL11 2HZ. View directions
Contact: Katie Moore - Tel. 01706 924770
The chair introduced himself to the forum and thanked everyone for attending. Attention was drawn to the code of conduct, a summary of which was read out. All attendees were asked to abide by the code for the duration of the meeting.
PACT Meeting - Greater Manchester Police
· An arrest was made after a drugs warrant yesterday. A cannabis farm was found and the plants were seized and destroyed.
· An operation was carried out last month to tackle drug dealing, particularly around the supply of Class A drugs. Arrests and charges were made.
· 2 charges were made following burglary offences on Dobbin Drive.
· A new pilot scheme has been set up to support families using a multi-agency approach. The scheme is in its early stages.
· Burglary - Burglary is a borough wide issue. GMP is still working hard to address this.
· Speeding - There has been no interest for a community speed-watch. Anyone wishing to be involved should contact PCSO Holland/PCSO Dewhurst.
· Daventry Road Flats - to address ASB. A letter drop was carried out reminding residents of the flats to be cautious when letting people in.
PACT priorities were set for the next quarter:
1. Off road bikes - there were concerns about off road biking. PCSO Holland explained that this is difficult to tackle and does rely on the community to report incidents in particular if they know who it is. Residents are encouraged to contact the police via the 101 number.
Action 1: Put in request for the GMP off road bike team (PCSO Holland)
Action 2: Post information on Facebook about off road biking (PCSO Holland)
2. Balderstone Park and Library - the library is under refurbishment and has seen some ASB around the area.
3. ASB at Well i’ th’ Lane.
· Kirkholt Million
update was provided on Kirkholt
Million. The plan submitted for 2015-16 has been agreed and
accepted by Big Local. It is hoped some visible work will now start
to take place over the next few months. Some of the activities will
include a basic training course which will lead to a level 1
qualification in basic building skills. It is hoped that a
proportion of the funding will goes towards supporting people carry
minutes of the previous meeting were approved as a true
discussion was had about continuing to promote the community
meeting. It was agreed to add RBH to the next agenda with the view
to providing a verbal update on The Strand development.
of fly-tipping were reported at Queens Drive/Daventry Road/Hartley
Lane. It was advised that Environmental Management have been
informed. Some of the land belongs to RBH therefore needs a
co-ordinated approach. Reports of graffiti were also reported on
the metre box near to the doctor’s surgery.
· Following a ward visit, noted gradual improvements around street cleanliness, however, it is acknowledged that there are environmental issues such as fly-tipping. It was advised that £250,000 has been allocated to Rochdale Township to specifically target these issues.
· The Council offers a service where residents can request a bulky waste collection. For further details please visit:
Telephone: 0300 303 8884
· Resurfacing of the highway at Queensway is due to take place.
· Over 1000 spring bulbs have been planted on Daventry Road.
· Hilltop School site - a company is due to sign to develop some new housing. It is envisage that this will be houses for sale and will be starter homes for new time buyers.
· Two proposals have been submitted for the Balderstone School site; a veteran village or the development of houses for rent.
· A housing development has been approved for Gilbrook Way. It is hoped work will commence in the next 12 months.
· Investigatory work is being undertaken around Broad Lane following complaints of noise from the Asda industrial unit at Kingsway.
· Funding has been agreed from the ward for the purchase of picnic benches with disabled access for Balderstone Park.
· New lights have been installed in the park.
· Funding has been agreed from the ward for the purchase of new play equipment behind Digby Road.
· Double yellow lines are due to be implemented at the bottom of Queen Victoria Street.
· The Council and Housing Association are working together to look at plans for developing Sudden Brook Pocket Park.
· Refurbishment work is underway at Balderstone Park. Works include a new roof, windows and kitchen.
Date and time of next meeting
Balderstone and Kirkholt Community