Agenda and minutes

Venue: Kirkholt Community Church, Daventry Road, Rochdale OL11 2HZ. View directions

Contact: Rachel Hudson - Tel 01706 924343 

Items
No. Item

1.

Introductions and Apologies/Code of Conduct pdf icon PDF 15 KB

    Minutes:

    The Chair welcomed everyone to the meeting.  Attention was drawn to the code of conduct, a summary of which was read out.  All attendees were asked to abide by the code for the duration of the meeting.

2.

PACT Meeting - Greater Manchester Police

    Minutes:

    Crime statistics for the ward (past six months and comparative six months of last year)

     

    Anti-social behaviour

    70

    47

    Criminal damage

    88

    76

    Burglary dwelling

    53

    61

    Theft from motor vehicle

    51

    40

    Theft of motor vehicle

    16

    14

     

    PACT priorities
    ASB issues around The Strand
    Drug dealing
    Illegal parking

    Safe plate event
    A safe plate event was held recently on 9 February 2019 and it proved popular with a good turnout.  More dates will be arranged and advertised on social media in future.

    Speeding
    GMP updated the forum that following previous concerns raised by residents regarding speeding from Castleton via Queensway, the divisional ‘Operation Considerate’ will be carried out in the next month or two.  A resident requested that the areas of Queens Drive and Hartley Lane be added to the operation.

    GMP website incident reporting
    Residents were informed of a new tool on GMP’s website for reporting non-emergency crimes which can prove quicker that ringing the 101 line.  The Chair of the forum urged residents to report crimes each time they witness them as this assists GMP assigning the correct resources and also helps assist intelligence.

    Caesar Street parked cars
    Residents expressed their anger at cars obstructing their driveways on Caesar Street.  GMP PCSOs said they would attend to assess the situation.

3.

Councillor Update

    Minutes:

    No Councillors were present to provide an update.

4.

Presentations/Updates

    Minutes:

    Kirkholt Million

    ·           Newsletter circulated and AGM held recently.  Plans unveiled regarding an educational woodland trail leading down to Balderstone Park and if any members of the public wishes to view them to see Kelly at the Hub.

    ·           Internet Communities Event to be held at Kirkholt Community Church on 13 April 2019 featuring dancers, African drumming and food.

    ·           Kirkholt Millions have been working alongside Groundwork to provide information on apprenticeships and also employment support.

    ·           Balderstone Park has recently had a set of four baby swings installed.

    ·           A heritage project set up to look at the history of Kirkholt from its first beginnings has held one meeting so far and residents are welcome to attend to submit their stories.

    ·           Grants are always available for up to £1,000 to community groups – speak to Kelly Dawson at the Hub for more information.

     

    Rochdale Boroughwide Housing
    No one present to provide an update.  Residents requested clarification on who covers the area now as the previous manager is no longer in post.
    Action 1: Councillor Meredith to contact Rochdale Boroughwide Housing for the name of their new officer for the area.

    Medical Centre and Hub
    Leases will be agreed by the end of March and the build will commence in April.

5.

Minutes of last meeting and matters arising pdf icon PDF 75 KB

    Minutes:

    The minutes of the previous meeting were agreed.

    Rochdale in Bloom
    Councillor Meredith has made links with the Rochdale in Bloom steering group along with Rochdale Boroughwide Housing and he will attempt to bring together community groups to create an ‘Urban’ entry in next year’s competition.

    Hill Top Drive overhanging branches
    Councillor Meredith raised the matter with Rochdale Boroughwide Housing but they advised that they cannot proceed with enforcement action.

    Broad Lane and Shaw Road speed surveys
    No results are compiled yet.
    Action 2: Councillor Meredith to chase up the results with the Highways Department to bring to the next forum.

    Springhill Playing Fields
    Representatives of the Springhill Playing Fields Residents Action Group attended to obtain an update on their previous request to Councillor Meredith for signage in relation to the ACV status that had not progressed due to the lack of clarification from the Council’s Legal Department.
    Action 3: Councillor Meredith to chase up the Legal Department for a formal response.

    The group also wanted noting that Councillor Meredith had posted an advisory leaflet through residents’ doors regarding
    Springhill Playing Fields.  The leaflet stated a planning report had been submitted to Rochdale Council’s Cabinet meeting approximately three years ago about a possible sale of the fields for £3/4million to build housing.  Local Councillors decided it should be removed from the report at the time, as they did not wish to see the land sold for housing but rather see the land open to walkers by introducing a path within the area to connect Crompton Avenue with Broad Lane, Broad Lane Woods and the Hospice.

6.

Open Forum

    Minutes:

    Location of future forum meetings
    The Chair consulted attendees on whether to combine both forum locations of the Kirkholt Community Church and St Mary’s Church in Balderstone into one meeting place at the new Hub building at The Strand, Kirkholt.  It was agreed by the forum to keep the meetings as they are going forward.

    Publicising the forum
    Residents enquired by what means the forum is publicised.  It was advised that the Council email all members of the mailing list and the meeting is advertised locally by way of posters in the church, the Hub, community centres, etc.  It is also displayed on the Council’s website and Twitter and Facebook pages and GMP also do the same on their social media sites.  All residents were encouraged to spread the word amongst their neighbours and local friends to attend.

    Hartley Lane
    Residents discussed problems with rat-running up Queens Drive due to the fact it is only a left-turn at the bottom of Hartley Lane.

    Grit bins
    A resident enquired if the criteria for grit bins have now changed due to the recent media coverage by the Council/Councillors.
    Action 4:Township Office to enquire with the Highways Department

7.

Date and time of next meeting

    Minutes:

    Tuesday 14 May 2019 at 6.30pm
    Venue: St. Mary’s (Balderstone) Church, Oldham Road, Rochdale.

    Agendas and minutes of the meetings are available on the Council’s website; www.rochdale.gov.uk/councilmeetings under the heading of
    ‘Councillors and Committees’ and then ‘Agendas, reports and minutes’.