Venue: Kirkholt Community Church, Daventry Road, Rochdale OL11 2HZ. View directions
Contact: Rachel Hudson - Tel: 01706 924343
The Chair welcomed everyone to the meeting. Attention was drawn to the code of conduct, a summary of which was read out. All attendees were asked to abide by the code for the duration of the meeting.
minutes of the previous meeting were agreed.
PACT Meeting - Greater Manchester Police
Crime statistics for the ward (since last forum in May 2019)
Funding is now available for both the Ward
(£6,000) and Members Funds (£2,000 per Councillor).
Residents are encouraged to identify
any needs in the community, initiatives or groups that could
benefit from grants. Contact your local
Ward Councillors or the Township Office for more information and
Action 2: Councillor Farnell to raise this matter with Environmental Management Department
Action 3: Councillor Farnell to report back to
the forum any updates received
Councillor Nickson gave apologies but provided the following written update to the forum:
· Councillor Nickson has been undertaking a variety of casework.
· Secured funding for the allotment at the Willows and set up a support group with the Alzheimer’s Association for carers of people with Dementia.
· Councillor Nickson has also attended Township meetings and she will attend the Audit and Governance Committee meeting later this month.
· Councillor Meredith advised residents he’s been absent recently due to paternity leave, but is now catching up on his casework, meetings, reports, etc.
· He advised residents about cooking classes which are being held at the Soup Bank at The Hub and open to all, not just Rochdale Boroughwide Housing tenants.
· Fitness sessions, personal training sessions and healthy eating advice are all available to anyone wanting to access it at The Pantry.
· Resurfacing works have recently been carried out on Oldham Road, Shaw Road, Ash Grove and also Rhodes Crescent. Councillor Meredith plans to get Highways to address other roads that have had potholes repaired, but now need to be properly resurfaced including Well i’th Lane, Hill Top Drive (bottom) and Queen Victoria Street.
· Kirkholt in Bloom had their first entry this year into the ‘In Bloom’ competition. Partner agencies including the Council, Rochdale Boroughwide Housing and representatives from Buckley Hall Prison all worked well together to produce a fabulous display – the results of the competition should be available for the next meeting. Thanks to everyone at The Strand for their efforts and here’s to the entry next year!
· Township funding will be allocated to providing a new orchard, path, pond, fencing and borders over the next year at the location of the woodland off Broad Lane. It will provide a wonderful eco site for residents when completed.
· He advised of an area of land that has been susceptible to vandals accessing the site and starting fires recently at Platting Lane Mill and the proposal to fence off the area to address the problem.
· If any residents notice any fly tipping issues, can these be raised with Councillors or the Council as arrangements can be made to remove it as soon as possible. A resident advised there is fly tipping on Lower Lane and they suggested the installation of bollards to prevent vehicles accessing the area. This location is within a neighbouring ward (Kingsway) and the Township Office can advise the Councillors for that ward accordingly.
· Councillor Farnell spoke about the Tour of Britain cycle race that travelled through the ward last Saturday being a great spectacle with an impressive turn out for the residents and businesses.
· The new Health Centre at The Strand is now well underway and it will be a great addition to the area.
· The defibrillators that have recently been purchased for the ward should soon be installed at both The Strand and the Shell Garage on Queensway.
· A consultation is currently taking place concerning the introduction of double yellow lines outside the Fiat ... view the full minutes text for item 6.
· Grants are always available to community groups – speak to Kelly Dawson at the Hub for more information. Always looking for new members to join.
· The recent ‘Seaside’ event was a success and it involved Kirkholt Million working together with Rochdale Boroughwide Housing at the site of The Strand car park.
· Works are continuing to Rhodes Crescent Ravine by Groundwork under a scheme costing approximately £200k. The project is in collaboration with Groundwork to support the employment and training of groundsmen and rangers to develop and continue after the ravine is complete.
· Three schools could benefit from a share of £300k marked for eco improvements aimed at young people from an early age.
Rochdale Boroughwide Housing (RBH)
A presentation was given by M. Wynn on behalf of Heywood, Middleton & Rochdale Circle to inform residents of a new lunch club launching at The Strand Community Hub, Kirkholt. £3 for 2 courses plus tea/coffee and biscuits. Starts Tuesday 1 October 2019 at 1pm and is open to anyone, including non-members.
Date and time of next meeting
Tuesday 26 November 2019 at
www.rochdale.gov.uk/democracy under the heading of ‘Councillors and committees’ and then ‘Agendas, reports and minutes’.