Agenda and minutes

Venue: Stanycliffe Community Centre, Stanycliffe Lane, Middleton M24 2PB

Contact: Lauren Mason - Tel. 01706 923124 

Items
No. Item

1.

Introductions

2.

Minutes of the last meeting and matters arising

    Minutes:

    Minutes of the previous meeting were discussed and the minutes were agreed as a true and accurate record.

    The following updates were read out by PCSO Shirley Oliver:

     

    ·           At the previous PACT meeting a resident raised the issue of unknown vehicles obstructing the footpath on Green Lane, Middleton.  Shirley has advised that she has not come across any vehicles causing an obstruction during visits to the area.  Shirley advised that she has spoken to the resident who confirmed to her that there this is no longer a problem as he has spoken to his neighbours and advised them.

     

    ·           Shirley advised that she has been in discussion with Rochdale Council’s Public Realm Team regarding the request for CCTV.  Unfortunately as the incidents recorded have been low level and it is not a crime hot-spot the response has been negative.  Following the PACT meeting there have been no further reports from staff/residents.

3.

Crime statistics and updates

    Minutes:

    Crimes listed below relate to Boarshaw area J3-J4.  MO stands for modus operandi and is someone’s habits of working, particularly in the context of business or criminal investigations but also more generally.

     

    ·           Theft from motor vehicle x 7

    Crimes have been in the main during late evenings and overnight.  All crimes have a different MO.

     

    ·           Theft of motor vehicle x 3

    Crimes taken place overnight and include 1 motorcycle.

     

    ·           Damage to motor vehicle x 9

    All at different times and different MO’s.

     

    ·           Burglary dwelling x 3

    2 x overnight crimes and 1 x day crime. On 2 occasions the front door was kicked in.

     

    ·           Criminal damage x 6

    Reports include damage to vehicles and a report of scratching of paintwork.

     

    ·           Public Order Offences x 33

    Reports include an ongoing issue.

     

    There has also been a positive drugs warrant during this time.

    Copies of the document circulated at the meeting are available from Lauren Mason at Middleton Township Office (lauren.mason@rochdale.gov.uk or 01706 923124).

4.

Residents issues

    Minutes:

    Youth Anti-Social Behaviour
    As previously discussed, there is an issue regarding youth ASB with one main perpetrator and a few associates causing most of the issues.  There have been a number of developments following the last meeting, and this was discussed at the meeting, and residents were advised that once a perpetrator is in custody it’s down to the Courts to either remand or provide bail with conditions, where necessary.

    Off Road Bikes
    PC Gray and PC Douglas advised that reports of off-road bikes are down; this could be due to the weather changing.  A discussion took place about youths on mopeds and bikes causing ASB issues on the roads and a following a request, PC Gray advised that if people have dash-cam footage showing incidents this can be phoned through to GMP and an appointment will be made for the footage to be retrieved.

    Valley Road Allotments
    A resident stated youths are taking wheelie bins to the allotments and then using them to get in to the gated area.  The youths are not causing major issues, but have been pinching items such as pumpkins.  There is also a lot of rubbish being left in the passageway to the area.  Following a discussion it was agreed that this matter will be passed onto Youth Services and Early Break Intervention to speak to the young people concerned (Action: LM to report)

    Traffic on Norman Street
    Councillor Rowbotham advised that a resident has contact her regarding the current situation on Norman Street which is very narrow.  The street has become a parking area for trucks, etc. and residents have advised that some mornings the road becomes blocked due to double parking.  Members queried if the traffic PCSOs could visit the area and advise the owners of vehicles causing an obstruction.  PC Andy Gray advised that he would ask the regular PCSOs to visit the area to look at the issues and if necessary this can then be referred onto the specialist traffic PCSOs.

    Traffic outside schools
    Residents advised that there is an ever increasing problem regarding the parking of vehicles dropping off and picking up outside schools.  This issue has got worse since the start of the new school year.  LM advised that a few years ago a ‘day of action’ was arranged whereby GMP, Local Authority Parking Wardens and Township staff attended the local schools and spoke to parents and school staff.  It was agreed this activity be arranged again (Action: LM to arrange with colleagues)

5.

PACT priorities

6.

Any other business

    Minutes:

    Operation Dark Nights
    PC Andy Gray advised that Operation Dark Nights takes place in the run up to the dark winter nights before Christmas each year.  It is a high visibility policing operation and all officers involved will wear full PPE and Hi-Viz jackets.

    The officers partaking in the scheme will visit as many of the target streets as possible and visit door-2-door to offer advice on preventing crime.

7.

Date of next meeting