The Interim Head of Customers and Corporate Services presented a report which updated the Committee on revenue and capital expenditure, commitments and balances of Rochdale Township Fund 2014/2015, to enable the Committee to allocate funds to proposed projects.
The recommendations contained in the report were presented as the management of the Rochdale Township Fund was a function delegated to this Committee to determine. Rochdale Township Funds were designed to be allocated to projects that benefit the Township’s communities and environment and which realise the Township’s stated priorities. The Committee monitors and reviews the use of the Rochdale Township Funds to ensure continued efficient and effective use of the Township’s Funds.
The Committee were asked to note the expenditure, commitments and balances for the 2014/2015 Rochdale Township Revenue and Capital Funds and the balances of £12,537 (Capital Fund) and £4,836 (Revenue Fund) as detailed in Appendices 1 and 2 and the decisions made under delegated authority as detailed in Appendix 3 to the submitted report.
Alternatives considered: in considering the report, Members will decide whether or not to approve the allocation of funds to projects/schemes as appropriate.
DECIDED – That (1) the expenditure, commitments and balances for Rochdale Township Revenue and Capital Funds, as detailed in Appendices 1 and 2 of the submitted report be noted;
(2) the decisions made under delegated authority as detailed at Appendix 3 of the submitted report be noted;
(3) the Committee notes the summaries of evaluation information for projects as detailed at Appendix 4;
(4) the Committee notes that the Principal Townships Officer had assessed the proposed projects to be considered for funding against the criteria of the Rochdale Township Fund, priorities of the Township and that any specific risks had been identified as detailed in Appendix 4 of the submitted report;
(5) the Principal Townships Officer, in consultation with the Chair, Vice Chair and opposition spokespersons of the Committee, be given delegated authority to make decisions on any deferred projects;
(6) the proposed schemes as detailed in Appendix 5 of the submitted report be dealt with as follows:-
a) RP/17/14 – approve an allocation of £1,500.00 to Link4Life towards the cost of funding the Rochdale Township Big Games Event 2015, to be held on Saturday, 11th July 2015 at Broadfield Park and Touchstones, Rochdale
b) RP/18/14 – approve an allocation of £2,014.80 to Milkstone and Deeplish Ward Councillors towards the cost of a Recycling Education Programme
c) RP/19/14 – approve an allocation of £300.00, to a local resident, towards the cost of installing one bollard outside 51 Osborne Road, Rochdale.
d) CG/04/14 – approve an allocation of £10,307.60 to the Clean and Green Priority Group, for a litter campaign in the Rochdale Township, to be funded from the Clean and Green Priority Fund 2014/2015.
Eligible for Call-in: Yes.