The purpose of the Voluntary Sector Partnership is:
· To promote effective partnership between the Voluntary/Community Sector and the Council.
· To provide a route of communication between the Voluntary/Community Sector and the Council on matters in connection with the whole range of the Council’s relationship with voluntary organisations and community groups in the Borough.
The objectives of the Voluntary Sector Partnership are as follows:
· To enable the Voluntary/Community Sector and the Council to raise issues affecting their relationship and to identify appropriate action and, where necessary, possible solutions.
· To provide the Voluntary/Community Sector and the Council with the opportunity to promote examples of good practise which could be adopted by the Council and the voluntary sector.
· To discuss the advice and information presented by Council officers and by representatives of the Voluntary/Community Sector on specific matters as requested.
· To identify matters for consideration by the Council and the Voluntary/Community Sector.
Support officer: Alison James. 01706 924711
Number one Riverside
Phone: 01706 924711