The Overview and Scrutiny Committee has a number of varied functions:
· To respond to consultation by Cabinet on policy development and the annual budget proposals.
· To scrutinise the in-year performance of Council Services, Rochdale Boroughwide Housing, Leisure Trust, Rochdale Safer Communities Partnership, and other appropriate bodies, in accordance with the Council’s Quarterly Performance Management Framework and against approved Service Plans, where appropriate.
· To scrutinise in-year budget performance.
· To scrutinise the discharge by the Responsible Authorities within Rochdale Safer Communities Partnership of their crime and disorder functions as set out in the Police and Justice Act 2006.
· To scrutinise Safeguarding arrangements, including consideration of Safeguarding Boards’ Annual Reports
· To instigate the appropriate action in response to adverse service performance.
· To scrutinise inspection reports and associated action plans produced by external agencies (where appropriate to this Committee).
· To review and scrutinise executive decisions in accordance with the Council’s Constitution, which have been called-in by Members of the Council.
· To receive reports, where appropriate, from the Council’s representatives on outside bodies, and to direct representatives to report to the Council, where appropriate.
· To commission, scope and oversee studies and reviews relating to Council Services and issues directly affecting the Borough and, where appropriate, to make recommendations to the Cabinet arising from such studies and reviews.
· To consider annual Service Plans in line with Council Policy.
Support officer: Peter Thompson. 4715
Phone: 01706 924715