The purpose of the Communities, Regeneration and Environment Overview and Scrutiny Committee is:
To be responsible for scrutiny of partnerships or key contractors (eg. RDA, RBH, L4L); Economy and Regeneration; Communities; Local Development Framework; Housing; Environment; Highways and Licensing, and for overview of the respective Portfolio Holders and Directors.
• To respond to consultation by Cabinet on relevant policy development proposals.
• To scrutinise the in-year performance of relevant Council Services, partnership
bodies and other appropriate bodies, in accordance with the Council’s Quarterly
Performance Management Framework and against approved Service Plans, where
• To scrutinise the discharge by the Responsible Authorities within Rochdale Safer
Communities Partnership of their crime and disorder functions as set out in the Police
and Justice Act 2006.
• To instigate the appropriate action in response to adverse service performance.
• To scrutinise inspection reports and associated action plans produced by external
agencies (where appropriate to this Committee).
• To review and scrutinise executive decisions where appropriate to this Committee in accordance with the Council’s Constitution, which have been called-in by Members of the Council.
• To receive reports, where appropriate, from the Council’s representatives on outside bodies, and to direct representatives to report to the Council, where appropriate.
• To commission, scope and oversee studies and reviews relating to relevant Council
Services and issues directly affecting the Borough and, where appropriate, to make
recommendations to the Cabinet arising from such studies and reviews.
• To consider Directorate Plans in line with Council Policy