We encourage you to petition against things you don’t believe in, are unhappy about, or want to see change.
You can petition us in the following areas either online here, or using a traditional paper petition:
- Issues about council responsibilities
- Issues affecting the borough or our communities, and where there is something we can do about it
- Anything to improve the economic, social or environmental wellbeing of the country to which any of the council’s partners could contribute.
With an ePetitions you can:
- Start, view or sign a petition
- Read our responses to completed petitions
- See a list of rejected petitions
Don’t worry, you can still submit and take part in paper petitions. It works in the same way they only difference is you’ll have to gather signatures in person.
You will need to post it or deliver it at least 10 days before the meeting at which you want it to be presented to:
Service Director of Legal and Democratic Services
Rochdale Borough Council
PO Box 15
Rochdale OL16 1AB
Council's petition scheme
External Petitions Relating to Rochdale
Below you will find links to petitions related to Rochdale which haven't been submitted to the Council.
The local authorities in Greater Manchester are calling on the Government not to disband the 2nd battalion of the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers. A motion in support of the Fusiliers was passed at the Rochdale Full Council meeting of 25 July and members of the public who wish to show their support can sign a petition via the following link:
Please note that Rochdale MBC is not responsible for the content of any external links
We don't accept liability for the petitions on these web pages. The views expressed in the petitions do not necessarily reflect those of the providers.
If you have any queries about petitioning or any comments or suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.