Decision Maker: Middleton Township Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Township Committee considered a report of the Director of Economy the purpose of which was to request the consent from Middleton Township Committee to dispose of land adjacent to the building for development with any proceeds used to support works to restore the Hall.
DECIDED – that (1) the progress made thus far in restoring Tonge Hall be noted;
(2) the Assistant Director Planning & Development be authorised to explore, in partnership with Historic England, the potential of an ‘enabling development’ as detailed in the submitted report to support the full restoration of the building;
(3) the release of the land for disposal be authorised.
(4) the marketing of the opportunity for an ‘enabling development’ on some, or all, of the land to support the restoration of Tonge Hall be authorised;
(5) the intention that further detailed reports detailing the feasibility of an enabling development, the outcome of any marketing activity and the terms of any transaction for the land are to be submitted to a future meeting of the Middleton Township Committee be noted.
(6) the Assistant Director (Legal Governance and Workforce) be authorised to undertake the necessary legal works.
Eligible for call in - Yes
Report author: Mark Robinson
Publication date: 08/12/2016
Date of decision: 01/12/2016
Decided at meeting: 01/12/2016 - Middleton Township Committee
Effective from: 16/12/2016