Decision Maker: Pennines Township Delegated and Funding Sub-Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Members to be updated on revenue and capital
expenditure, commitments and balances of Pennines Township Funds
2020/21 and enable the allocation of funds to proposed
The Sub-Committee considered a report of the Director of Neighbourhoods which provided an update on the revenue and capital expenditure, commitments and balances of the Pennines Township Funds 2020/21, which would enable the Sub-Committee to consider the allocation of funds to proposed projects.
In considering the report, Members considered whether or not to approve the allocation of funds to projects as appropriate.
1. That the expenditure, commitments and balances for Pennines Township revenue and capital funds as detailed in Appendices 1 and 2 of the submitted report, be noted.
2. That decisions made under delegated authority as detailed in Appendix 3 of the submitted report, be noted.
3. That it be noted that the Townships and Communities Manager has assessed proposed projects that were to be considered for funding against the criteria of eligibility for the Pennines Township Fund, the priorities of the Township and that any specific risks were identified in the submitted report.
4. That the applications from Township Revenue Funds 2020/21 be dealt with as outlined in the below
a. That £1870 be approved for the Birch Road Traffic Calming re-profiling
i. That Cabinet be requested to review the policy of funding for highway schemes where those schemes have been identified locally as requiring attention although don’t meet the technical criteria for inclusion on the highways programme.
b. That £3,885 be approved for the Tackling Minds application.
c. That the Director of Neighbourhoods be requested to provide costs for a direct consultation with local residents on options for traffic calming around the Willows Lane and Princess Road Estate; and delegation be given to the Chair of the Pennines Township Committee to approve funding for the consultation.
d. That £8,000 be approved for Calder Avenue Area grass verge wooden post protection
e. That £3,180 be approved for the Create and Connect Artists Portal.
f. That £1000 be approved for the Dry Stone wall repair at St John’s Church, Smallbridge
g. That £10,289 be approved for Cycling without age
h. That £2,385 be approved for the Littleborough Arts Festival
i. That £685 be approved for the Gallipoli Memorial Benches
5. That the applications from Township Capital Funds 2020/21 be dealt with as outlined in the below
j. That the application for Clough Street & Heath Road - No Waiting At Any Time Restrictions, be withdrawn.
k. That £4,110 be approved for the Gallipoli Memorial Benches
6. Members approved the allocation of the remaining balances of Pennines Township revenue funds for the purchase of Environmental Crime CCTV cameras with delegation to the Pennines Township Chair and Vice Chair to agree the specifics of the project.
Reason for resolution
The recommendations in the report were presented as management of the Pennines Township Fund is a function that is delegated to the Pennines Township Delegated and Funding Sub Committee. Pennines Township Funds are allocated to projects that benefit the Township’s community and environment, and realise the Township’s priorities and which will enable the Sub-Committee to monitor and review the use of the Pennines Township Fund to ensure the continued efficient and effective use of the funds.
Report author: Sharron Worrall
Publication date: 10/03/2021
Date of decision: 10/03/2021
Decided at meeting: 10/03/2021 - Pennines Township Delegated and Funding Sub-Committee
Effective from: 19/03/2021