Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To recommend the budget guidelines and
timetable to be used in preparing the detailed 2022/23 Budget and
provisional budgets for 2023/24 and 2024/25.
To provide an updated budget position for the Council for 2022/23 to 2024/25.
Consideration was given to a report of the Cabinet Member for Finance and Corporate / Chief Finance Officer seeking approval for the proposed budget timeline 2022/23 to 2024/25 including assumptions and principals.
The Council is legally obliged to set a balanced budget. The budget setting process is complex and must be undertaken in a planned way. It is equally important that assumptions used in the preparation of the budget are agreed, reasonable and consistently applied by all services.
1. That the proposed budget timetable detailed at Appendix 1 to the submitted report, be approved.
2. That the revenue assumptions, detailed in Appendix 2, be approved to be incorporated into the budget setting process.
3. That the revenue budget principles detailed in Appendix 3 to the submitted report be approved.
4. The capital budget principles detailed in Appendix 4 to the submitted report be approved.
5. That the Revenue Budget be noted.
Reason for resolution
Under the Budget & Policy Framework, Cabinet is required to approve the proposed guidelines and timetable for setting the 2022/23 Budget and Provisional Budgets for 2023/24 and 2024/25 by September.
Report author: Chris Mills
Publication date: 29/07/2021
Date of decision: 27/07/2021
Decided at meeting: 27/07/2021 - Cabinet