Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Consideration was given to a report of the Cabinet Member for
Social Care and Ageing Well / Director of Commissioning seeking approval for the setting of the Careline Service fees for 2021/22.
Not to operate the service as a self-financing model and increase the fees and charges on an annual basis in line with inflation, however, this would not sustain the model and ultimately lead to the potential need to subsidise the service.
1. That the fee levels for the Careline service for the 2021/22 financial year be approved as:
· Careline 3.10 per week
· Careline plus 5.10 per week
· Careline (no landline) 4.60 per week
· Careline plus (no landline) 5.60 per week
2. That the introduction of an additional charge of £1.50 per week added to the basic charges for service users buying the Careline service who don’t have a telephone landline, be approved
Reason for resolution
Careline charges to service users need to remain affordable and offer good value for money to encourage elderly and vulnerable people who would benefit from the service to choose to buy it.
Report author: Nina Collinge
Publication date: 16/02/2021
Date of decision: 09/02/2021
Decided at meeting: 09/02/2021 - Cabinet