Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To update members on the Phase 2 design
Cabinet considered the report of the Director of Economy which sought approval for the next stage of the Rochdale Riverside 2 development.
The alternatives were to either delay or not to fund the RIBA stage 4 design work.
1. That approval be given to enter into a new design contract (PCSA) to undertake the RIBA Stage 4 designs as detailed within the submitted report;
2. That the funding of the RIBA Stage 4 designs as detailed within the report be approved;
3. That it be noted that other than the funding requested within the report, there will be no additional spend beyond that already provided for until the relevant funding agreements, as detailed in the report, are completed;
4. The potential risks around the funding, as detailed within the report be noted;
5. That the ‘in principle’ funding offer as detailed within the report be noted;
6. That the intention to come back to Cabinet in 2021 for an additional approval when the funding and delivery structure for the Scheme is confirmed be noted;
7. That the Assistant Director (Legal, Governance & Workforce) be authorised to enter into any legal agreements necessary to give effect to the decisions above in consultation with the Cabinet Member for A Thriving Economy and the Director of Economy and the Director of Resources.
Reasons for the Decision:
To enable the next stage of the Rochdale Riverside 2 development to progress.
Report author: Gary Davies
Publication date: 26/02/2021
Date of decision: 26/01/2021
Decided at meeting: 26/01/2021 - Cabinet