Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To provide an update on the Link4Life
partnership agreement review and to propose an extension to the
Consideration was given to a report of the Cabinet Member for Health / Assistant Director of Commissioning that sought approvals for changes to the Your Trust (formerly Link4Life) partnership agreement.
To not approve the proposed changes.
1. That approval be given to the proposed changes to the partnership agreement and to bring the specification, outcomes framework and lease arrangement in line with that of similar size and scale commissions.
2. That approval be given to the recommended changes to the responsibility/lifecycle costs matrix with Your Trust taking responsibility for the planning and timetabling of the lifecycle replacements.
3. That approval be given to a revised model for the calculation of the management fee where annual changes are based on the Consumer Price Index across the fee.
4. That approval be given to the recommendation to split the management fee and develop a funding model principle to develop a management fee model that is clearly allocated between the functions for Sport and Leisure, Culture and Hollingworth Lake and Country Park to clarity in respect of the costs of subsiding each service.
5. That approval be given to an extension of the current contract term (31st March 2027) by a further 5 years to 31st March 2032.
6. That the Assistant Director of Resources (Legal, Governance & Workforce) be authorised to undertake related legal work in connection with the proposed changes to the partnership agreement.
7. That it be noted the £1.4m earmarked to support Your Trust during its recovery from the Covid pandemic is likely to be utilised during 2021/22 and 2022/23.
Reason for resolution
In order that Your Trust remain in a strong position to draw down on grant funding for leisure and culture recovery.
Publication date: 29/07/2021
Date of decision: 27/07/2021
Decided at meeting: 27/07/2021 - Cabinet