To confirm the 2019/20 delegation arrangements for the Township Committee and make appointments as required.
The Township Committee considered a report of the Director of Resources which asked the Township Committee to confirm its delegated decision making arrangements for the 2019/20 Municipal Year and to appoint Members to agreed roles including the Chairs, Vice Chairs and substitute members; and the appointment to other Township Bodies and outside bodies.
The Township Committee could choose not to appoint to sub-committees and undertake all delegated functions themselves, but that this may have a detrimental impact on the ability to progress Township priorities or deal with urgent items of business.
1. That the Sub-Committee structure of the Pennines Township Committee be confirmed comprising of the Pennines Delegated and Funding Sub-Committee, established in accordance with the Terms of Reference for the Sub-Committee as set out in Appendix 1 of the report be approved;
2. That all Members of the Pennines Township Committee be appointed to the Pennines Township Delegated and Funding Sub-Committee and with the Chair being Councillor Mir and the Vice Chair Councillor Besford;
3. That the Regeneration and Facilities Service Group and Highways and
Environmental Management Service Group be retained and all Members of the Township Committee be appointed to each;
4. The relevant Ward Councillors be appointed to the following Ward Area Forum’s:
a) Milnrow, Newhey and Firgrove Area Forum;
b) Littleborough and Wardle Community Meeting;
6. Councillors Bamford, Davidson, Kelly and Besford be appointed to the Ellenroad Trust Limited;
7. That Councillor Hartley be appointed to the Moorend Trust Management Committee;
8. That Councillors Bamford, Besford, Blundell, Dearnley, Emsley, Hartley, Kelly, Paolucci, be appointed to the Pennines Township Planning Panel;
9. That Councillor Dearnley be appointed as the Pennines Township Older Person’s Champion;
10. That Councillor Davidson be appointed at the Pennines Township Highways Champion;
Reasons for the decision:
The recommendations were presented as the Council has established and appointed Township Committees to undertake certain executive and non-executive powers, as set out in the Responsibility for Council Functions in Part 3 of the Council’s Constitution. In addition the Township’s Sub-Committee exercises either delegated powers or acts on any matter detailed in the Committee’s Terms of Reference on which it is essential to take a decision. Appointments to the Sub-Committee are made, as far as is possible, in accordance with the Township Committee’s political balance. The proper appointment of Sub-Committees is required to permit the undertaking of delegated functions in accordance with statutory and procedural requirements, and appointments to Working Groups and Other Bodies are required to enable the Township Committee to undertake and to respond to the full range of issues relevant to the Township.
Eligible for Call-in: No.