Rochdale Town Hall - Procurement and Appointment of Main Works Contractors for Phases 1 & 2
To consider the attached report of the Cabinet Member for A Thriving Economy / Director of Economy
Cabinet considered the report of the Director of Economy which requested Cabinet to approve the signing of the Phase 1 construction works contract for the Town Hall Restoration Project and to agree to delegations for the procurement of Phase 2. The approvals are required so that timely progress on the delivery of the project can be maintained.
No alternatives were outlined within the report.
1. That HH Smith undertaking the Phase 1 works on the Town Hall following a full and open procurement process managed by STAR as detailed within the report be approved:
2. That it be noted that the proposed contract includes works currently budgeted for in Phase 2 and Public Realm phases of the overall Town Hall programmes, and that future approvals will be sought as necessary to realign these budgets to match expected costs;
3. That it be noted that the virements from the Town Hall Decant Budget and the Fire Station scheme to the Phase 1 project as detailed within the report have previously been approved;
4. That approval of the procurement process and appointment of the Phase 2 main construction works be delegated to the Director of Economy and the Director of Resources in consultation with the relevant portfolio holders and the Chair of the relevant Overview and Scrutiny Committee;
5. That the Assistant Director (Legal, Governance & Workforce) be authorised to enter into any legal agreements necessary to give effect to the decisions detailed above in consultation with the Cabinet Member for A Thriving Economy and the Director of Economy and the Director of Resources.
Reasons for the Decision:
The approvals are required so that timely progress on the delivery of the project can be maintained.