To consider the attached report from the Cabinet Member for Climate Change and Sustainability / Director of Neighbourhoods.
Consideration was given to a report of the Cabinet Member for Climate Change and Sustainability / Director of Neighbourhoods setting out the proposed Greater Manchester Final Clean Air Plan. The proposed final GM Clean Air Plan set out final proposals for:
· the boundary,
· hours of operation,
· management of the scheme,
· exemptions and daily charges of a Clean Air Zone;
· the amount of supporting funds for each vehicle type;
· other supporting measures.
It was stated that the proposed plan had been submitted following a review of the information gathered through the GM CAP consultation and wider data, including evidence and modelling work.
All 10 Greater Manchester local authorities are subject to a direction from Government to implement a category C Clean Air Charging Zone. The GM Clean Air Plan achieves compliance with the direction and no alternatives have been considered.
1. That the progress of the Greater Manchester Clean Air Plan be noted.
2. That the progress in the distribution of Bus Retrofit funding be noted.
3. That it be noted the Ministers’ agreement to include the sections of the A628/A57 in Tameside which form part of the Strategic Road Network within the Greater Manchester’s Clean Air Zone (CAZ) and their request for Tameside MBC, TfGM and Highways England to establish the most appropriate solution for the charging mechanism to be applied on this section of the Strategic Road Network (SRN);
4. That approval be given to the GM Clean Air Plan Policy, at Appendix 1 noting that the policy outlines the boundary, discounts, exemptions, daily charges of the Clean Air Zone as well as the financial support packages offered towards upgrading to a compliant vehicle, including the eligibility criteria to be applied.
5. That the Equalities Impact Assessment, as set out at Appendix 2 be approved.
6. That the AECOM Consultation Report, as set out at Appendix 3 be approved.
7. That the proposed Response to the Consultation at Appendix 4 which has been prepared by TfGM on behalf of the ten GM local authorities be approved.
8. That the Impacts of COVID-19 Report, as set out at Appendix 5 be approved.
9. That the Modelling report of the final CAP package, as set out at Appendix 6, and in particular that the modelling outputs of the final plan scheme show the achievement of compliance with the legal limits for Nitrogen Dioxide in the shortest possible time and by 2024 at the latest as required by the Ministerial Direction be approved.
10. That the economic implications of the CAP Report, as set out at Appendix 7 be approved.
11. That it be noted the update on the GM Minimum Licensing Standards, set out in section 3.1, and in particular that licensing conditions will not be used to support delivery of the GM Clean Air Plan;
12. That approval be given to a 6-week public consultation on the inclusion of motorhomes classified as MSP1 in the GM Clean Air Zone and on the inclusion of the A575 ... view the full minutes text for item 19