A review of Rochdale South Township Funds 2020/2021
The Committee considered a report of the Director of Neighbourhoods that asked Members to approve the Rochdale South Township Funds’ terms and conditions, and to agree delegation arrangements concerning funding decisions.
In considering the report, the Committee’s Members were asked to decide
whether or not to approve the allocation of funds to funding streams and to
adopt appropriate terms and conditions.
1. The Committee notes the expenditure, commitments and balances for Rochdale South Township revenue and capital funds at financial year end 2019/20 (as outlined at Appendix 1 and 2 of the submitted report);
2. The Committee notes the findings of the review of Township Funds
2020/21 (as outlined at Appendix 3 of the submitted report);
3. The Committee approves the allocation of Rochdale South Township
Funds to funding streams in 2021/22 as follows:
· Projects Fund (revenue) - £38529
· Members Fund (revenue) - £30000
· Ward Fund (revenue) - £40000
· Capital Fund - £103831
4. The Committee approves the terms and conditions for Rochdale South
Township’s revenue and capital funds for 2021/22 (as described at
Appendix 6 of the submitted report).
5. The Committee authorises the delegation arrangements for Rochdale
South Township Funds 2021/22 as detailed at 4.6 of the submitted
6. The Committee authorises any uncommitted/unspent funds be reallocated to a central revenue or capital funding stream as appropriate before the end of January 2022 to enable Members to spend/commit all Rochdale Township Funds during 2021/22 financial year.
Reasons for the decision:
The management of the Rochdale South Township Fund is a matter that is
delegated to the Rochdale South Township Action and Resources Delegated
Sub Committee to determine. Rochdale South Township Funds are allocated
to projects that benefit the Township’s community and environment, and realise the Township priorities. The decision enables the Committee to monitor and review the use of the Rochdale South Township Funds to ensure
continued efficient and effective use of those funds.