Venue: Zoom / Youtube
Contact: Peter Thompson 01706 924715
Note: In the light of government guidance on social-distancing and the ongoing impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, all meetings will be held remotely. The press and public are able to follow the proceedings by watching our live webcast of the meeting. You can do so following the directions on the meeting page or by going directly to the Council's YouTube site from the link below
To receive any apologies for absence.
There were no apologies for absence.
To approve the minutes of the Pennines Township Committee meeting held on 5 February 2020
That the Minutes of the meeting held on the 5th February 2020 be approved and signed as a correct record.
Declarations of Interest
Members are required to declare any disclosable pecuniary, personal or personal and prejudicial interests they may have and the nature of those interests relating to items on this agenda and/or indicate if S106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992 applies to them.
There were no declarations of interest.
Urgent Items of Business
To determine whether there are any additional items of business which, by reason of special circumstances, the Chair decides should be considered at the meeting as a matter of urgency.
There were no urgent items of business.
To consider the attached report from the Director of Resources
The Township Committee considered a report of the Director of Resources which asked the Township Committee to confirm its delegated decision making arrangements for the 2020/21 Municipal Year and to appoint Members to agreed roles including the Chairs, Vice Chairs and substitute
members; and the appointment to other Township Bodies and outside bodies.
The Township Committee could choose not to appoint to sub-committees and
undertake all delegated functions themselves, but that this may have a
detrimental impact on the ability to progress Township priorities or deal with
urgent items of business.
1. That the Sub-Committee structure of the Pennines Township Committee be confirmed comprising of the Pennines Delegated and
Funding Sub-Committee, established in accordance with the Terms of
Reference for the Sub-Committee as set out in Appendix 1 of the report
2. That all Members of the Pennines Township Committee be appointed to the Pennines Township Delegated and Funding Sub-Committee and with the Chair being Councillor Mir and the Vice Chair Councillor Besford;
3. That the Regeneration and Facilities Service Group and Highways and Environmental Management Service Group be retained and all Members of the Township Committee be appointed to each;
4. The relevant Ward Councillors be appointed to the following:-
a) Milnrow, Newhey and Firgrove Area Forum;
b) Littleborough and Wardle Community Meeting;
6. Councillors Bamford, Davidson, Kelly and Besford be appointed to the
Ellenroad Trust Limited;
7. That Councillor Hartley be appointed to the Moorend Trust Management Committee;
8. That Councillors Bamford, Besford, Blundell, Dearnley, Emsley,
Hartley, Kelly, Paolucci, be appointed to the Pennines Township
9. That Councillor Dearnley be appointed as the Pennines Township
Older Person’s Champion;
10. That Councillor Davidson be appointed at the Pennines Township
Reasons for the decision:
The recommendations were presented as the Council has established and
appointed Township Committees to undertake certain executive and nonexecutive powers, as set out in the Responsibility for Council Functions in Part 3 of the Council’s Constitution. In addition the Township’s Sub-Committee exercises either delegated powers or acts on any matter detailed in the Committee’s Terms of Reference on which it is essential to take a decision.
Appointments to the Sub-Committee are made, as far as is possible, in
accordance with the Township Committee’s political balance. The proper
appointment of Sub-Committees is required to permit the undertaking of
delegated functions in accordance with statutory and procedural requirements, and appointments to Working Groups and Other Bodies are
required to enable the Township Committee to undertake and to respond to
the full range of issues relevant to the Township.
To consider the attached report from the Director of Neighbourhoods
The Township Committee considered a report which presented a review of the Township revenue and capital expenditure during 2019/20 and provided options for the allocation of funds for 2020/21.
Members were also requested to consider the Pennines Township Funds
terms and conditions and to agree delegation arrangements concerning
The Committee considered the changes to the carry forward of funds and sought clarification on the arrangements for utilising funding for projects if this was required.
The Committee could decide whether or not to approve the allocation of funds
to funding streams and adopt the terms and conditions.
1. That the expenditure, commitments and balances for Pennines Township revenue and capital funds at financial year end 2019/20 be noted;
2. That the findings of the review of Township Funds 2019/20 and
evaluations received to date for some of the projects funded be noted;
3. That the allocation of Pennines Township Funds to funding streams in 2020/21 be approved;
4. That the terms and conditions for Pennines Township revenue and capital funds for 2020/21, be approved;
5. That the delegation arrangements for Pennines Township Funds 2020/21 as detailed in the report be approved;
6. The Committee agrees that any uncommitted/unspent funds be
reallocated to a central revenue or capital funding stream as appropriate before the end of January 2021, to enable members to spend/commit all Pennines Township Funds during the 2020/2021 financial year.
Reasons for the Decisions:
Management of the Pennines Township Fund is delegated to the Pennines
Delegated and Funding Sub-Committee. Pennines Township Funds were
allocated to projects that benefit the Township’s community and environment,
and which realised the Township’s priorities.