Venue: Junction Library and Community Centre, Grimshaw Lane, Middleton, M24 2AA. View directions
Contact: Alison James Senior Comittee Services Officer
To receive any apologies for absence.
Apologies for absence were received from Councillor Burke, Councillor Neil Emmott, Councillor Susan Emmott, Councillor Martin, Councillor Robinson and Councillor Rowbotham.
To consider the Minutes of the meeting held on 16th February 2022.
1. That the Minutes of the meeting of the Middleton Township Devolved
Funding and Devolved Services Sub-Committee held on 16th February 2022 be approved and signed as a correct record.
Declarations of Interest
Members are required to declare any disclosable pecuniary, personal or personal and prejudicial interests they may have and the nature of those interests relating to items on this agenda and/or indicate if S106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992 applies to them.
There were no declarations of interest.
Urgent Items of Business
To determine whether there are any additional items of business which, by reason of special circumstances, the Chair decides should be considered at the meeting as a matter of urgency.
The Chair advised that she had accepted two late applications for funding onto the Agenda from Middleton Round Table for the May Day Event and Middfest event, due to the timing of the events being prior to the next available meeting of the Sub-Committee.
Middleton Township Funds 2021/22 PDF 117 KB
To consider Middleton Township Funds 2021/22.
The Sub-Committee considered the report of the Director of Neighbourhoods which provided an update on revenue and capital expenditure, commitments and balances of Middleton Township Funds 2021/22 and to enable the Sub Committee to consider the allocation of funds to proposed projects.
In considering the report, Members could decide whether or not to approve the allocation of funds to projects.
1. That the expenditure, commitments and balances for Middleton Township revenue and capital funds as detailed in Appendix 1 and 2 of the report be noted;
2. That the decisions made under delegated authority as detailed in Appendix 3 of the report be noted;
3. That it be noted that the Townships & Communities Manager has assessed proposed projects to be considered for funding against the criteria of eligibility for the Middleton Township Fund, the priorities of the Township and that any specific risks had been identified in the report;
4. That approval be given to amalgamating the Township Projects Fund and Township Events Fund together to create one fund for the remainder of the Municipal Year;
5. That the applications for Township Funds be dealt with as follows:-
Reasons for the decision:
Management of the Middleton Township Fund is delegated to the Middleton Township Devolved Funding & Devolved Services Sub Committee.
Middleton Township Funds are allocated to projects that benefit the Township’s community and environment, and realise the Township priorities.
To enable the committee to monitor and review the use of the Middleton Township Funds to ensure continued efficient and effective use of the funds. Eligible for call in – yes