Venue: Junction Library and Community Centre, Grimshaw Lane, Middleton, M24 2AA. View directions
Contact: Alison James Senior Comittee Services Officer
To receive any apologies for absence.
Apologies for absence were received from Councillor Robinson and Councillor Peter Williams.
To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 29th November 2021.
1. That the Minutes of the meeting of the Middleton Township Devolved Funding and Devolved Services Sub-Committee held on 29th November 2021 be approved and signed as a correct record.
Declarations of Interest
Members are required to declare any disclosable pecuniary, personal or personal and prejudicial interests they may have and the nature of those interests relating to items on this agenda and/or indicate if S106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992 applies to them.
Declarations of interest were made as follows:
Councillor Donna Williams declared an interest in the item relating to the Middleton Town Centre Management Committee.
Councillor Susan Smith declared an interest in the item relating to the proposed lighting scheme at Bowlee Playing Fields.
Middleton Township Funds 2021/22 PDF 117 KB
To consider Middleton Township Funds 2021/22.
The Sub-Committee considered the report of the Director of Neighbourhoods which provided an update on revenue and capital expenditure, commitments and balances of Middleton Township Funds 2021/22 and to enable the Sub- Committee to consider the allocation of funds to proposed projects.
In considering the report, Members could decide whether or not to approve the allocation of funds to projects.
1. That the expenditure, commitments and balances for Middleton Township revenue and capital funds as detailed in Appendix 1 and 2 of the report be noted;
2. That the decisions made under delegated authority as detailed in Appendix 3 of the report be noted;
3. That it be noted that the Townships & Communities Manager has assessed proposed projects to be considered for funding against the criteria of eligibility for the Middleton Township Fund, the priorities of the Township and that any specific risks had been identified in the report;
4. That £14,135.12 held in the Middleton Township Events Fund relating to the grant awarded to Middleton Town Centre Management at Middleton Township Committee on 15 July 2021 be decommitted;
5. That the applications for Township Funds be dealt with as follows:-
Reasons for the decision:
Management of the Middleton Township Fund is delegated to the Middleton Township Devolved Funding & Devolved Services Sub Committee.
Middleton Township Funds are allocated to projects that benefit the Township’s community and environment, and realise the Township priorities.
To enable the committee to monitor and review the use of the Middleton Township Funds to ensure continued efficient and effective use of the funds.
Eligible for call in – yes