Venue: Training and Conference Suite, First Floor, Number One Riverside, Smith Street, Rochdale, OL16 1XU. View directions
Contact: Michael Garraway 924716
Members must indicate at this stage any items on the agenda in which they must declare an interest. Members must verbally give notice of their interest at the meeting and complete the form attached with this agenda.
Members are also advised to take advice with regard to any matter where there is potential bias or predetermination in any business to be considered at the meeting and whether they should take part in decision making at the meeting.
Members are reminded that, in accordance with the Localism Act 2011 and the Council's adopted Code of Conduct, they must declare the nature of any discloseable pecuniary interest; personal interest and/or prejudicial interest required of them and, in the case of any discloseable pecuniary interest or prejudicial interest, withdraw from the meeting during consideration of the item, unless permitted otherwise within the Code of Conduct.
Councillors Brett and Dearnley declared disclosable pecuniary interests in the submitted application for funding by Shopmobility Rochdale as appointed Board members for Shopmobility Rochdale.
To approve the minutes of the meeting of Pennines Township Delegated and Funding Sub Committee held on 17th September 2014
DECIDED – That the minutes of the meeting held on 17th September 2014, be approved as a correct record.
The Interim Director for Corporate and Customers Services submitted a report which sought the agreement of Members for the allocation of Pennines Township Funds and to consider applications for funds in respect of various groups and projects.
The recommendations contained within the report were presented as management of the Pennines Township Fund is a function delegated to the Pennines Township Delegated and Funding Sub Committee. Pennines Township Funds are allocated to projects/schemes that benefit the Township’s community and environment, and realise the Township priorities. The report enabled the Sub-Committee to monitor and review the use of the Pennines Township Funds to ensure continued efficient and effective use of Township Funds.
Members were informed all unspent/uncommitted funds will be reallocated to a central revenue or capital funding stream at the end of January 2015 for allocation to proposed schemes before year end to reduce the potential carry forward of funds during 2014/15.
Alternatives considered: the Sub-Committee was asked to support or decline proposed schemes as detailed within the submitted report.
Further to appendix 3 of the submitted report, a Member raised the matter of car parking in the vicinity of the Metrolink stop in Milnrow, specifically on Harbour Lane. A Member informed the Sub-Committee of efforts to secure additional funding from local businesses to assist with resurfacing works on car parks at Butterworth Hall and Dale Street, Milnrow.
Members of the Sub-Committee expressed their thanks for feedback from Community groups who had received Township funding, as detailed within appendix 4 of the submitted report. Members requested the Principal Township Officer be requested to write to Geoff Howarth thanking him for his work on the Wardle Tourist Information Board in Wardle.
The Director for Economy and Environment provided an update on alternative schemes in relation to applications from the Township Capital Fund at Broom Street, Newhey; and at Charles Lane Car Park.
DECIDED – That (1) the expenditure, commitments and balances of Pennines Township Revenue and Capital funds as detailed in the appendices 1 and 2 be noted;
(2) the decisions made under delegated authority as detailed in appendix 3 be noted;
(3) the Head of Highways be requested to undertake a traffic survey around the Milnrow Metrolink stop at Harbour Lane and report to a future meeting of this Sub-Committee;
(4) the summaries of evaluation information for projects funded as detailed in Appendix 4, be noted;
(5) the Principal Townships Officer write to P.N. Daly, Charles Lane, Milnrow, to request if they would be willing to contribute towards the cost of resurfacing works on the car park at Butterworth Hall and other local businesses within the vicinity of Butterworth Hall and Dale Street car parks in Milnrow ;
(6) the Principal Township Officer write to Geoff Howarth to express the Sub-Committees gratitude in the work he has untaken in relation to the Tourist Information Board in Wardle;
(7) applications for assistance from the Pennines Township Revenue and Capital Funds, as detailed in Appendix 5 of the submitted report, be ... view the full minutes text for item 10.