Contact: Peter Thompson 924715
Declarations of Interest
Members are required to declare any disclosable pecuniary, personal or personal and prejudicial interests they may have and the nature of those interests relating to items on this agenda and/or indicate if S106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992 applies to them.
There were no declarations of interest
To consider the minutes of the meeting of the Pennines Township Delegated and Funding Sub-Committee held 28th October 2020.
Further to the meeting of the Pennines Township Delegated and Funding Sub-Committee held on 28 October 2020 that the following amendments be approved:
· Minute 24 - Pennines Township Funds 2020/21 not 2019/20 as stated on two occasions (first paragraph and Resolved No. 4)
That with the amendments detailed above that the minutes of the Pennines Township Delegated and Funding Sub-Committee meeting held on the 28 October 2020 be approved as a correct record.
An update/presentation on the work that is being carried out in the local community by Link4Life.
That the request from Link4Life to attend future Township Committee meetings be noted and welcomed.
To consider applications for assistance from the Pennines Township Fund 2020/2021.
The Sub-Committee considered a report of the Director of Neighbourhoods which provided an update on the revenue and capital expenditure, commitments and balances of the Pennines Township Funds 2020/21, which would enable the Sub-Committee to consider the allocation of funds to proposed projects.
In considering the report, Members considered whether or not to approve the allocation of funds to projects as appropriate.
1. That the expenditure, commitments and balances for Pennines Township revenue and capital funds as detailed in Appendices 1 and 2 of the submitted report, be noted.
2. That decisions made under delegated authority as detailed in Appendix 3 of the submitted report, be noted.
3. That it be noted that the Townships and Communities Manager has assessed proposed projects that were to be considered for funding against the criteria of eligibility for the Pennines Township Fund, the priorities of the Township and that any specific risks were identified in the submitted report.
4. That the applications from Township Revenue Funds 2020/21 be dealt with as outlined in the below
a. That £1870 be approved for the Birch Road Traffic Calming re-profiling
i. That Cabinet be requested to review the policy of funding for highway schemes where those schemes have been identified locally as requiring attention although don’t meet the technical criteria for inclusion on the highways programme.
b. That £3,885 be approved for the Tackling Minds application.
c. That the Director of Neighbourhoods be requested to provide costs for a direct consultation with local residents on options for traffic calming around the Willows Lane and Princess Road Estate; and delegation be given to the Chair of the Pennines Township Committee to approve funding for the consultation.
d. That £8,000 be approved for Calder Avenue Area grass verge wooden post protection
e. That £3,180 be approved for the Create and Connect Artists Portal.
f. That £1000 be approved for the Dry Stone wall repair at St John’s Church, Smallbridge
g. That £10,289 be approved for Cycling without age
h. That £2,385 be approved for the Littleborough Arts Festival
i. That £685 be approved for the Gallipoli Memorial Benches
5. That the applications from Township Capital Funds 2020/21 be dealt with as outlined in the below
j. That the application for Clough Street & Heath Road - No Waiting At Any Time Restrictions, be withdrawn.
k. That £4,110 be approved for the Gallipoli Memorial Benches
6. Members approved the allocation of the remaining balances of Pennines Township revenue funds for the purchase of Environmental Crime CCTV cameras with delegation to the Pennines Township Chair and Vice Chair to agree the specifics of the project.
Reason for resolution
The recommendations in the report were presented as management of the Pennines Township Fund is a function that is delegated to the Pennines Township Delegated and Funding Sub Committee. Pennines Township Funds are allocated to projects that benefit the Township’s community and environment, and realise the Township’s priorities and which will enable the Sub-Committee to monitor and review ... view the full minutes text for item 28.
To consider proposals for Dale Street, Milnrow, using the Government’s Active Travel Fund.
Consideration was given to a report of the Director of Neighbourhoods which sought approval for Dale Street, Milnrow using the Government’s Active Travel Fund including the introduction of Experimental Traffic Regulation Orders
To approve the introduction of a one way system on Dale Street.
1. That approval be given for the introduction of an experimental Temporary Traffic Regulation Order in relation to easing traffic congestion at Dale Street in a westbound direction from its junction with Cornfield Street to its junction with Kiln Lane.
2. That approval be given to the introduction of an experimental Traffic Regulation Order to amend the existing parking restrictions, as required to facilitate an Active Travel Scheme in and around Milnrow Centre.
3. That the Head of Highways report to a future meeting in relation to proposals for traffic calming on Dale Street and surrounding areas.
Reason for recommendation
To enable funding from the Government’s Active Travel Fund with the principal aim to reallocate road space from motorised vehicles to active forms of travel such as walking and cycling.