Contact: Fabiola Fuschi 924715
To receive any apologies for absence.
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Blundell, Mir (Chair), Hartley and Taylor.
In the absence of Councillor Mir, Councillor Besford chaired the meeting.
Declarations of Interest
Members are required to declare any disclosable pecuniary, personal or personal and prejudicial interests they may have and the nature of those interests relating to items on this agenda and/or indicate if S106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992 applies to them.
Councillor Ashley Dearnley declared a pecuniary interest in the submitted funding applications from the Littleborough Civic Trust as a Member of the charitable body and left the room during consideration of the application.
Urgent Items of Business
To determine whether there are any additional items of business which, by reason of special circumstances, the Chair decides should be considered at the meeting as a matter of urgency.
There were no items of urgent business received.
To consider the Minutes of the meeting of the Pennines Township Delegated and Funding Sub-Committee held 24th November 2021.
RESOLVED: That, subject to the amendment of Item 5 point 1 and 4 to read “Pennines Township Fund” instead of “Rochdale South Township Fund”, the minutes of the meeting held on 24th Nov 2021 be approved as a correct record.
To consider applications for assistance from the Pennines Township Fund 2021/2022.
The Sub-Committee gave consideration to a report of the Director of Neighbourhoods which provided an update on revenue and capital expenditure, commitments and balances of Pennines Township Funds 2021/22 and to enable the allocations of funds to proposed projects.
In considering the funding applications, the Sub-Committee received oral representations from the representatives of the Littleborough Civic Trust, the Littleborough Boxing Club, and 17th Rochdale 1st Wardle Scout Group.
Members were asked to decide whether or not to approve the allocations of funds to projects / schemes as appropriate.
1. That the expenditure, commitments and balances for Pennines Township revenue and capital funds in Appendix 1 and 2 be noted;
2. That the decisions made under delegated authority as detailed in Appendix 3 of the submitted report be noted;
3. That the Townships and Communities Manager, in consultation with the Chair, Vice-Chair and opposition spokesperson of the sub-Committee, be given delegated authority to make decisions on any deferred projects;
4. That it be noted that the Townships and Communities Manager has assessed the proposed projects to be considered for funding against the criteria of eligibility for the Pennines Township Fund, the priorities of the Township and any specific risks have been identified in the report;
5. That applications for Township funds 2021/22 (as outlined at Appendix 4 of the submitted report) be dealt with as follows:
Reasons for decisions:
Management of the Pennines Township Fund is delegated to the Pennines Township Delegated and Funding Sub-Committee.
Pennines Township Funds are allocated to projects that benefit the Township’s community and environment and realise the Township’s priorities.
To enable the committee to monitor and review the use of the Pennines Township Funds to ensure continued efficient and effective use of the funds.