Agenda and minutes

Venue: St Patrick's RC Primary School, Foxholes Road, Rochdale OL12 0ET. View directions

Contact: Gary Finch - Tel: 01706 924817 

Items
No. Item

84.

Introductions and Code of Conduct pdf icon PDF 15 KB

Minutes:

The meeting was chaired by Beryl Lloyd. Everyone was welcomed to the Forum and reminded to observe and respect the code of conduct for the duration of the meeting.

85.

PACT meeting - Greater Manchester Police

Minutes:

PC Firth attended the meeting for this item.

 

The Forum was informed that the Ward had seen a significant increase in burglary’s in recent weeks. However a number of arrests had been made in connection with burglary’s in the Ward. A drug warrant had also been issued in relation to organised crime group activities.

 

The Police Constable in attendance commented that the Cronkeyshaw Common bonfire was very well attended and the public in general were very well behaved. Incidents of youths throwing fireworks on the night had to be dealt with and concerns in connection with the lack of Marshalls involved in the event, traffic management issues and local shops selling fireworks to young people would be reported via the appropriate channels.

 

The Forum was also informed that the local Neighbourhood Team had been involved in the recent murder in the Ward.

 

Residents raised the following issues:

 

-       Drug dealing and speeding on Rugby Road.

-       Illegal parking on Entwistle Road which causes an obstruction

-       Speeding on John Street / Molesworth Street

 

GMP would report accordingly and the Township and Engagement Officer would investigate the possibility of undertaking a traffic survey on John Street / Molesworth Street.

86.

Minutes of previous meetings, matters arising and updates pdf icon PDF 76 KB

Additional documents:

Minutes:

The minutes of the Central Rochdale Area Forum held on Monday 11th July 2016 at St Patrick’s Primary School were approved as a correct record.

 

The minutes of the Central Rochdale Area Forum held on Thursday 1st September 2016 at Wardleworth Community Centre were circulated for information and will be agreed at the Area Forum meeting to be held at Wardleworth Community Centre in December.

87.

Open Forum

Minutes:

The following issues were raised during the Open Forum:

 

1.    Residents raised concerns about the lack of information available regarding the sale of the land opposite St Patrick’s RC Primary School and plans for its future use.

 

The Township and Engagement Officer agreed to investigate this further.

 

2.    A resident raised concerns about the way in which the construction of the building behind Rushi Restaurant had complied with the planning permission granted.

 

The Township and Engagement Officer acknowledged that this issue had been raised previously. The Forum was also informed that the building in question had been subject to legal intervention. However the reasons as to why this was necessary and the subsequent outcome was unknown.

 

3.    Illegal tipping near to the allotments on Bay Street was reported.

 

The Township and Engagement Officer agreed to visit the site and report the incident.

 

4.    A resident raised concerns about the amount of rubbish that has been discarded within the alleygated area between Greenbank Road and Maud Street.

 

The Township and Engagement Officer agreed to visit the site and report the incident.

 

5.    A resident reported that street lighting column number 2 on Copenhagen Street was not working.

 

The Township and Engagement Officer agreed to report this fault.

 

6.    Concerns were raised about traffic management issues on the night.of the bonfire on Cronkeyshaw Common. Residents of Greenbank Road, which is two way, quite narrow and used by residents for parking was chaotic with traffic on the night. It was asked if consideration could be given to introducing a one way system for future events supported by appropriate signage and Marshall assistance.

 

The Township & Engagement Officer agreed to forward this suggestion to the event organiser.

 

7.    A resident queried what the industrial units on Dean Street would be used for. The units are surrounded by residential properties and a number of residents have raised concerns about the future use of the units.

 

The Township and Engagement Officer agreed to investigate this further.

 

8.    Concerns were raised about anti-social behaviour on the land adjacent to Arif Grocers on Ramsay Street.

 

9.    A resident highlighted parking problems / congestion on Regent Street.

 

10.A resident highlighted the following issues:

 

-       Discarded materials on the footpath adjacent to Athena Roofing on Wilson Street.

 

-       Littering problems on Lomax Street, adjacent to Harrison Electrical.

 

-       Bins being left out outside 39 Howard Street.

 

-       A damaged recycling centre sign / post on Haynes Street.

 

-       The gully on Queen Street near to Banson Tool Hire is blocked.

 

           The Township and Engagement Officer agreed to report the above

            issues.

 

11. A resident asked what the current position was on the planning application that had been submitted regarding the building of residential properties on Ramsay Street.

 

The Township and Engagement Officer informed the Forum that he believed the planning application had been delayed, however the reasons for this were unknown.

 

12.A resident asked what the current situation was regarding the planning application that had been submitted  ...  view the full minutes text for item 87.

88.

Ward News

Minutes:

No Ward news was presented.

89.

Date and time of the next meeting

Minutes:

Thursday 1st December 2016 at 6.30pm

 

Wardleworth Community Centre