Venue: Wardleworth Community Centre, South Street, Rochdale OL16 2EP. View directions
Contact: Gary Finch - Tel: 01706 924817
The Chair welcomed everyone to the meeting and reminded members of the need to adhere to the code of conduct for the duration of the meeting.
No apologies had been received.
PACT meeting - Greater Manchester Police
PC Marvell and PC Abdul attended the meeting for this item.
The Forum was informed that the following issues had been dealt with by the Neighbourhhood Team in recent months:
- An operation to stop traffic accessing George Street the wrong way
- Off-road bikers in the area
- Execution of drug warrants on South Street, Whitehall Street, Heights Lane, Denmark Street and the Collage Bank and Lower Falinge areas.
- Multi-agency targeted parking enforcement action on James Street / Jermyn Street
- Neighbour disputes
- Car seizures
- House trespass
It was also commented that it was hoped that a traffic operation would be undertaken in the Ward soon.
Residents also reported:
- Speeding concerns on Entwistle Road, Oswald Street and West Street
- Drug dealing on Good Shepherds Close and Hope Street
- Prostitution on Hope Street
- Fireworks being let off late at night.
The Forum thanked GMP for their work in the Ward.
The minutes of the Forum meeting held on the 3rd February 2020 were approved as a correct record.
Residents raised the following issues:
1. A discussion took place about the possibility of introducing cameras in ASB hot spot areas. It was explained that this could be possible if evidence suggested that CCTV would be beneficial. It was commented that deployable CCTV is currently in situ at Oswald Street and it would be investigated if this could be moved. It was also commented that Community Safety and Environmental Management have access to camera. Although Environmental Managements are used to deter fly
2. The Township Officer reminded the Forum that Ward / Members Funds were still available.to support funding application for projects / initiatives in the Ward. At the start of the financial year each Ward Councillor has £2000 with £8000 available from Ward Funds.
The Township Officer had received two request for funding prior to the meeting. One was concerned with repairs to St Andrews Church. The other request was concerned with the introduction of either a barrier or bollards to stop entrance to Wardleworth Community Centre car park.
Following discussion it was agreed that further information and costings on both the above application were required.
3. Fly tipping is still problematic in the Ward and it was suggested that a clean-up event using skips could be organised in the future. A representative from the Aspire to Inspire Community Group informed the Forum that they had recently undertaken a clean-up event in the Ward.
4. Concerns about the lack of Youth provision in the Ward were raised. However a Youth Service representative present at the meeting informed members that additional sessions would be held in the Ward on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Additional information would be circulated regarding this at a later date.
5. The Chair informed the Forum that Bilal Mosque was successful in the recent North West in Bloom awards ceremony.
6. It was highlighted that the flood lights on South Street kick pitch are still not working and the bushes near to this facility are in need of cutting back. It was also asked if the gates that have been removed from this facility could be reinstated.
7. A resident highlighted that the area / banking close to the bridge on Selby Street required attention.
8. Residents attending from South Court were also advised that their requests for work to be undertaken had not been forgotten.
The Township Officer commented that all the issues raised would be either reported to the appropriate service or investigated further.
A Ward Councillor encouraged residents in the Ward to have the Covid vaccine.
Date and time of the next meeting
The next meeting of the Forum will take place on Monday 31st January 2022, commencing 6.30pm at Wardleworth Community Centre.