Agenda and minutes

Venue: Newbold Community Church, Milnrow Road, Rochdale OL16 5DW. View directions

Contact: Rachel Hudson - Tel: 01706 924343 

Items
No. Item

1.

Introductions and Apologies/Code of Conduct and Terms of Reference pdf icon PDF 70 KB

Additional documents:

Minutes:

The chair welcomed all in attendance to the meeting and apologies were noted.  Attention was drawn to the code of conduct, a summary of which was read out.  All attendees were asked to abide by the code for the duration of the meeting.  Attention was also drawn to the addition of the Terms of Reference document for all non-constituted local area forums in the Rochdale area.  The purpose, objectives, powers etc detailed within the document were discussed.

2.

Minutes from the last meeting/updates pdf icon PDF 114 KB

Minutes:

The minutes of the previous meeting were agreed and the followingupdates were provided.

Prince Street – Quad bike causing access issues for wheelie bins
Residents previously reported a quad bike blocking the gated alleyway and causing issues concerning accessing/moving wheelie bins.  This matter has now been resolved and the bike has been moved.

Percy Street anti-social behaviour
Residents reported threatening anti-social behaviour from another resident.  This matter has now been resolved as the resident has relocated elsewhere.

3.

Greater Manchester Police - PACT meeting

Minutes:

Officers from GMP were not in attendance at the meeting. 

Always call 999 in an emergency.
Call 101 to report incidents, crimes and matter of concerns.
You can report a crime or incident or suspicious circumstances online on the GMP website.

4.

Open Forum

Minutes:

Empty/derelict property on Prince Street
Residents requested local Ward Councillors raise the issue of a derelict/empty property on Prince Street, Rochdale, stating that it has been this way for in excess of seven years.
Action: Townships to raise the matter with the Council’s Empty Property Team to see if they can clarify the ownership to establish whether the Council can indeed have any grounds to pursue this matter any further

Guinness Housing and Council’s Environmental Management Department - Walk-around actions
A representative from Guinness Housing attended to advise the weed spraying previously promised on a joint walk-around by officers from the Council and herself has not been completed.
 It was also mentioned that bins that were agreed to be removed from land between Clement Court/Ethel Court/Basil Street have also not been actioned. Councillor Massey requested that any bins moved should be reconditioned and stored if possible for future use for the Kingsway ward.
Action: Townships to raise the matter with the Council’s Environmental Management Department
asking for contact/action

Elder Street land fly-tipped building waste
A resident raised this matter regarding fly-tipped waste on Elder Street that needs removal.
Action: Townships to raise the matter with the Council’s Environmental Management Department

Crown Street rear alleyway fly-tipped waste
Residents in attendance requested the alleyway be cleared of fly-tipped material.

Action: Townships to raise the matter with the Council’s Environmental Management Department

Corner of Percy Street and Franklin Street wheelie bins
Residents advised wheelie bins are being left out in front of properties causing obstructions and they asked the Council to request they are moved.
Action: Townships to raise the matter with the Council’s Environmental Management Department for an officer to engage and advise residents on best storage for bins

Bottom of Crown Street and back of Prince Street fly-tipped mattress and cooker
A resident raised this matter regarding fly-tipped waste situated on what was assumed private land.
Action: Townships to raise the matter with the Council’s Environmental Management Departmentasking for clarification on removal/enforcement

Rear of 300 Kingsway/access road off Burnside – access issues
A resident in attendance raised the issue of residents being unable to access their driveways and also problems for bin wagons gaining access to the rear of 300 Kingsway/access road off Burnside due to the number of parked cars.  A sign stating ‘Access Road – Do Not Park’ was requested.
Action: Townships to raise the matter with the Council’s Environmental Management Department/Highways Department

5.

Members/Ward Funds

Minutes:

Residents were advised that the current Township funding for this financial year is now available and any ideas or initiatives to improve the local area or give benefit to any community groups or associations are always welcome.  Discuss with your local Ward Councillors or the Township Officer.

6.

Ward News

Minutes:

Councillor Massey updated the forum on the work carried out recently on behalf of the local Kingsway Ward Councillors as follows:

 

·           The works to lay micro asphalt on Church Road are now complete.

·           Crawford Street kerb droppings work is now complete.

·           Milnrow Road crossing and railings replacement works are now complete.

·           Bertha Road and Rosefield Crescent works to the 20mph speed humps is completed.

·           Ward Councillors held a meeting with TfGM and local residents from Rosefield Crescent regarding the anti-social behaviour experienced with youths throwing stones at properties.  Another meeting date has been set for the future and several options discussed in order to try and remedy the situation, ie patrols, live camera system, securing stones with resin, etc.

·           Channing Street speed cushion works are complete and lineage works will be carried out in due course.

·           Navigation View – Ward Councillors have instructed Highways to install bollards.

·           Broad Lane/Charlotte Street – Ward Councillors are considering funding in respect of speed surveys.

·           Buersil Avenue speed humps are yet to be installed and Ward Councillors are pursuing this matter with Highways.

·           Robinson’s Common issues with fly-tipping have been escalated to the Council’s Environmental Management Department.  The bushes will hopefully be cut back in the future.  The new play equipment is currently at the procurement/tendering stage.

·           More graffiti wall art works will be completed adjacent to The Landings as part of an In Bloom project.  Also planters will be installed in the future.

·           Charter Street footpath resurfacing works are now complete.

·           Councillor Ahmed advised that he attended the Town Hall recently to observe the works that have been carried out as part of its regeneration.  The building will hopefully re-open in January.

·           The new poly tunnel is up and functioning at the Newbold Community Gardens, encouraging community participation.

·           The ‘Uniform for All’ that operates from Globe House has so far helped over 240 families over the past four weeks with 3400 items of mostly recycled clothing for children.  All donations are welcome.

7.

Date and time of the next meeting

Minutes:

Tuesday 7 November 2023 at 6.30pm