Venue: Spotland Methodist Church, Rooley Moor Road, Rochdale OL12 7ES. View directions
Contact: Gary Finch - Tel: 01706 924817
The Chair introduced himself and officers present,
and welcomed all to the meeting. He
referred to the code of conduct and asked all to abide by the code
for the duration of the meeting.
Appointment of Chair, Vice Chair and Area Forum Sub Group
Following nominations and voting the following
residents where appointed Chair and Vice Chair of the area forum
for the next twelve months:
Greater Manchester Police including PACT meeting
PC Jones gave the following updates:
· PCSO Dan Smout is leaving the ward to take up the post of Police Constable. He will be replaced by PCSO Francesca Cottam.
· A restructure of the Neighbourhood Teams means that Bamford and Norden Officers will also be working with Officers in Spotland and Falinge ward.
· Officers are working on Operation Bohemia, which focusses on anti-social behaviour. A number of arrests have been made and several youths have appeared in Court.
· A known prolific burglar has been sentenced to 4 years imprisonment.
· Any resident interested in taking part in a Speedwatch initiative was encouraged to leave their details.
· It is hoped to recommence off-road bike operations in the New Year.
· The PACT priorities remain as anti-social behaviour, speeding and off-road bikes.
Vandalism to vehicles
A resident reported numerous incidences of damage to
parked vehicles; it was acknowledged that this is a problem
throughout the ward. Residents were
reminded to report all incidents, regardless of whether or not the
Police respond. The Officers will speak
to Meanwood School about their staff
parking responsibly on nearby streets.
The minutes of the previous meeting held
on Thursday 23 August 2018 were approved as a correct record
subject to the following amendment:
The Councillor present at the meeting stated that
the study had been requested following complaints from residents
about the obstruction of sightlines at junctions.
1. Wilbutts Lane, top of Churchill Street – a resident stated that this bin was removed by a Council vehicle.
2. Wilbutts Lane, near to new build properties, near passageway to Falkland Avenue
3. Churchill Street, outside the school gates.
There was also a request for a bin at the top of Longfield Road, near to the bench.
Action 1: Establish exact number
and location of missing bins, whether Environmental Management
removed them and intend to replace, and whether any can be funded
from Councillor Rana’s allocation (Township
The forum supported the following schemes from the Ward Fund:
· Longfield Road/Bridgefold Road Meadow - £500
· Rooley Moor Road Speed Survey - £TBC
regard to the meadow project, the group would welcome anybody
wishing to get involved. The Youth
Service expressed an interest. The
Council is also helping along with the Green Volunteers.
Advice regarding possible other funding
streams was also given.
· All three Ward Councillors have supported the recent bulky waste collection, and also the toy appeal at Spotland Library.
· Councillor Rana recently carried out some fundraising for veterans, raising £510 for the Veterans Breakfast Club.
· A member of the Planning Committee.
· Chair of Communities & Engagement Priority Group. Applications invited with an upper limit of £1,500. Deadline for applications is 2 January 2019.
· Worked on clean up at Crimble Park.
· Supported Christmas Lunch for Cleansing Teams.
· Committed Members Fund for new bins throughout the ward.
· Invites ideas for low cost quick win schemes to improve Spotland Bridge.
· Recently became a member of the Northern Care Alliance which is proving very challenging and quite demanding time wise.
· Working to see how the lack of maternity services can be addressed in Rochdale, and looking at how other Local Authorities, such as Salford, are reacting to similar situations.
· Chair of the Age Friendly Steering Group.
· Casework ongoing.
· Chair of the Clean & Green Priority Group. Applications invited.
Date and time of next meeting
Thursday 7 March 2019 at 7.00pm