Venue: Littleborough United Reformed Church, Victoria Street, Littleborough
Contact: Tracey Knight - Tel No. 01706 922227
Welcome, Introductions and Apologies
The Chair welcomed everyone to the meeting and introduced himself and Officers.
PACT - Greater Manchester Police
· The beggar that was causing a nuisance around the village centre and on Hare Hill Road was arrested in May and hasn’t been seen in the area since, it was confirmed the lady wasn’t homeless.
· The vehicle owner on Union Road has been spoken to regarding his parking behaviour, no further issues were raised.
· The car parked outside Amici wasn’t causing an obstruction when looked at by Officers.
· Parking on the white line system near to the level crossing on Smithy Bridge Road is now being regularly patrolled by Officers. Warning letters have been sent to some of the offenders. If they continue to park at the location they will be prosecuted.
· The outcome of the Woodheys Road speeding operation didn’t identify speeding as an issue.
Wardle has seen a 30% reduction in crime levels; this is really positive and has happened naturally and not as a result of any specific operation.
· There have been no further reports of car crime on the car park at Watergrove, however, police patrols will continue.
· Anti-social behaviour continues to be an issue on Shaw Lodge and at the Bowling Green.
· The Wardle Road speed operation was cancelled; it will be rescheduled in the future.
Smithy Bridge Anti-social behaviour
Minutes of the last meeting and matters arising PDF 76 KB
The minutes of the last meeting were agreed as a correct record.
Road Car Park
of the Ward Councillors’ updates were made available for
everyone. Some of the updates
Any Other Business
Littleborough Food and Drink
· Keep front/back doors locked.
· Before answering check you have locked the back door and taken the key out. Look through spy hole or window to see who it is.
· If you decide to open the door put a chain on the door before answering. Keep the chain on whilst speaking to the person on the doorstep.
· Even if they have an appointment check the ID carefully. Close the door whilst you do this. If you are still unsure, look up the phone number in a phone book and ring to verify their identity. Do not use the number on the ID as this may be false.
· You should never agree to have work undertaken by anyone just passing by.
· If you think a bogus caller has called on you report it to the Police.
· If in doubt keep them out!
Future Meeting Dates