Venue: Number One Riverside, Smith Street, Rochdale, Ol16 1XU
Contact: Alison James 01706 924711
To receive any apologies for absence.
No apologies for absence were received.
To approve as a correct record, the minutes of the last meeting of the Planning and Licensing Committee, held 4th September 2019.
Resolved: That the minutes of the meeting held on 4th September 2019 be approved as a correct record and signed by the Chair
Declarations of Interest
Members are required to declare any disclosable pecuniary, personal or personal and prejudicial interests they may have and the nature of those interests relating to items on this agenda and/or indicate if S106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992 applies to them.
No declarations of interest were made.
Urgent Items of Business
To determine whether there are any additional items of business which, by reason of special circumstances, the Chair decides should be considered at the meeting as a matter of urgency.
There were no urgent items of business.
Items for Exclusion of Public and Press
To determine any items on the agenda, if any, where the public are to be excluded from the meeting.
There were no items for which the press and public were excluded from the meeting.
a) Land off Starring Way, Littleborough
Section 73 application for minor material amendment to planning application, 15/00996/FUL.
b) Dingle Farm, Hollin Lane, Middleton
Section 73 application for amendments to planning permission 18/00354/FUL.
c) 687 Bury Road, Rochdale
Demolition of existing dwelling, and the erection of 7No detached dwellings with access road and associated parking - Resubmission of 18/01199/FUL
Application 19/00454/AM Land off Starring Road Littleborough
The Committee considered a Section 73 application for minor material amendments to planning application 15/000996/FUK relating to boundary treatments, finished floor levels and landscaping.
Mrs Thompson and Councillor Dearnley spoke in objection to the application.
That the application be deferred to the next meeting of the Committee to allow for further discussion with the applicant.
The Chair agreed to vary the order of the agenda to allow for consideration of application relating to 687 Bury Road, Rochdale.
Application 19/00693/FUL 687 Bury Road, Rochdale
The Committee considered an application for the Demolition of an existing dwelling, and the erection of 7No detached dwellings with access road and associated parking.
Mr Evans, Councillor Angela Smith and Councillor Pat Sullivan made representations to the committee in objection to the application.
That planning permission be GRANTED subject to the following conditions:
1. The development must be begun not later than three years beginning with the date of this permission.
Reason. Required to be imposed by Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended).
2. This permission relates to the following plans:-
- Location Plan
- Topographical Survey including Buildings to be Demolished
- Proposed Site Layout – SK9, Drawing No. 1253/SK9-001 Rev. H (Amended Plan Received 30.09.19)
- Proposed Site Layout – Roof Plan, Drawing No. 1253/SK9-002 Rev. A (Amended Plan Received 30.09.19)
- Proposed Site Layout – Curtilage Plan, Drawing No. 1253/-CT Rev. A (Amended Plan Received 30.09.19
- House Type A – Plans and Elevations, Drawing No. 1253/101 Rev. G (Amended Plan Received 27.09.19)
- House Type A2 – Plans and Elevations, Drawing No. 1253/107 Rev. B (Amended Plan Received 27.09.19)
- House Type C1 – Plans and Elevations, Drawing No. 1253/105 Rev. B (Amended Plan Received 27.09.19)
- Tree Protection Plan, Drawing No. UG_11933_ARB_TPP_01 Rev. P02
and the development shall be carried out in accordance with these drawings hereby approved.
Reason: For the avoidance of doubt and to ensure a satisfactory standard of development in accordance with the policies contained within the Core Strategy, the Unitary Development Plan and the National Planning Policy Framework.
3. No development shall take place until an investigation and risk assessment (in addition to any assessment provided with the planning application) has been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The assessment shall investigate the nature and extent of any contamination on the site (whether or not it originates on the site). The assessment shall be undertaken by competent persons and a written report of the findings submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority before any development takes place.
The submitted report shall include:
i) a survey of the extent, scale and nature of contamination
ii) an assessment of the potential risks to:
• human health,
• property (existing or proposed) including buildings, crops, livestock, pets, woodland, and service lines and pipes
• adjoining land,
• groundwaters and surface waters,
• ecological ... view the full minutes text for item 28.
Details of lodged planning appeals for information.
15:00 - Depart from Rochdale Town Hall
15:25 - Starring Road, Littleborough
16:10 - 687 Bury Road, Rochdale
There will be a training session for Members of the Planning and Licensing Committee in the Training and Conference Suite, at 5.00pm, prior to the Committee’s meeting.