Venue: Bamford Chapel, Norden Road, Rochdale OL11 5PQ. View directions
Contact: Rachel Hudson - Tel: 01706 924343
Welcome, Introductions and Apologies
The Chair welcomed all to the meeting. Congratulations were given to Councillor Stephen Anstee on his re-election to the ward. The Chair thanked C Read for standing in as Chair at the last meeting.
A copy of the code of conduct was circulated with the papers and all were asked to abide by the code for the duration of the meeting.
Attention was drawn to the addition of the Terms of Reference document for all non-constituted local area forums in the Rochdale area. The purpose, objectives, powers etc detailed within the document were discussed.
minutes of the last area forum held on Monday 27 February 2023 were
agreed with the following matters arising.
Greater Manchester Police
PC R Marvell attended the meeting and reported the crime statistics and a summary of policing activities for the last quarter. The figures do not include the Brimrod, Marland and Sudden area as this information is reported to their area forum.
· 7 residential burglaries compared to 26 in the last quarter
· 1 criminal damages compared to 14
· 12 vehicle crimes compared to 10
· 7 public order offences down from 11
· 1 possession of offensive weapon same as the last quarter
· 2 drug offences down from 4 in the last quarter
· Bury Road – speeding occurs first thing in a morning
· Battersby Street and Half Acre – speeding witnessed
· Half Acre Lane – vehicles continue to access the one way
· Battersby Street – drug dealing is still ongoing, but with less occurrence
The forum raised speeding
concerns on Norden Road stating speeds
can reach 40–50 mph with dangerous overtaking occurring.
PC Marvell advised GMP now have two
speed guns which can be used by officers across the borough and he
will place Norden/Bamford areas on the
agenda for future speed initiatives/campaigns.
Councillor Anstee provided the update to the forum as follows.
· Work is currently ongoing to review the parking capacity at Mansfield Road.
· Yellow lines have been installed at the junction of Chepstow and Clay Lane.
· City Fibre work is ongoing and any defect areas are being raised. It is good to note that the Greenvale area saw full pavement resurfacing works carried out following significant damage caused by the contractor.
· The drain problem on Spring Bank Lane has been reported. Bamford Green being used to store equipment.
· Oulder Hill Parking Group work is ongoing and we can expect the outcome of the beat survey to be shared with Councillors and residents soon.
· Councillors are seeking clarity on the gated alleyway ongoing maintenance process.
· Councillors will continue to represent residents from a planning perspective.
· Work is continuing to tackle the reoccurrence of anti-social behaviour on United Utilities’ land at Roch Valley Way.
· Environmental Management concerns at Meadowcroft Lane verge have been raised.
· Council Tax - 2% annual rebate was deducted from the 1st DD payments of the year.
· Residents are asked to consider how best to spend funds and Councillors welcome any suggestions.
· The speed sign/smiley face is still not working. Councillors are still chasing!
· Thank you for the support at the recent election.
· Your local Ward Councillors are always pleased to meet with you for a chat or to hear your concerns. Our surgeries are the first Thursday of each month, Bamford Chapel from 10am to 11am and Brimrod Methodist Church 11.15am to 12 noon.
Residents were advised that the current Township funding for
this financial year and the new budgets will be agreed and
available by late June/early July. Any
ideas or initiatives to improve the local area or give benefit to
any community groups or associations are always welcome.
Discuss with your local Ward
Councillors or the Township Officer
Roch Valley Way, Rochdale OL11
Rachel Hudson, Township Officer
Date and time of the next meeting
Monday 21 August 2023 at 6.30pm