To consider the attached report from the Cabinet Member for Social Care and Healthy Lives / Director of Commissioning
The Board considered the report of the Assistant Director - Commissioning (Prevention and Adult Social Care) which sought approval of the recommendations in relation to the Adult Social Care contracts as detailed in the submitted report.
Approval was also sought to delegate the signing of any contract extensions or contract award associated with the report to the Director of Strategic Commissioning (DASS) in consultation with the portfolio holder and in accordance with the Council’s Constitution/Scheme of Delegation.
No alternatives were presented within the report.
1. That the extension of the Care at Home Service (Adults) - Domiciliary Care contract be approved for two years from the 1st April 2022 to 31st March 2024 in line with current extension provisions contained within the Contract;
2. That the tendering or retendering of the Home Improvement Agency (HIA) services, linked to the disabled facilities grant programme as detailed at 2.2 of the report be approved. This will be achieved by joining the recently retendered Manchester Framework of which the Council are an identified contracting party. The intended contract period is 1st April 2021 to 31 March 2025, with a review on 31 March 2023;
3. That the proposed extension of the Community alarm monitoring service with the existing Provider be approved for a period of 2 years from 1st April 2022 to 31st March 2024 as contained within the contract;
4. That the extension of the lift service and maintenance contract be approved for a period of 2 years from 1 November 2021 to 31 October 2023 in line with current extension provisions contained within the Contract;
5. That the tendering through an appropriate framework for the purchase of equipment and services in relation to Careline and Assistive Technology be approved;
6. That the intention to extend the Hare Hill Extra Care service for a period of 12 months from 1st February 2021 to 31st January 2022 be approved in line with current extension provisions contained within the Contract;
7. That the proposed extension of the Integrated Community Equipment Contract for a period of 1 year from 1st July 2021 to 30th June 2022 be approved in line with current extension provisions contained within the Contract;
8. That the retendering of the Learning Disability Employment Development service be approved. The intended contract would be from 1st April 2021 to 31st March 2022 with an option to extend for 1 year.
9. That the he retendering of contract 1 pre-paid cards for appointee ships via the North East Procurement Organisation (NEPO) framework for a contract term which runs from 14th February 2021 to 12th of January 2022 be approved. This will bring these prepayment cards in line with those in contract 2;
10.That the re- tender of both contract 1 and contract 2 pre-paid cards to bring them into a single contract be approved, which would take effect from 12th January 2022 to 31st March 2024 which is a period of 26 months with an option to extend for a further two years;
11.That the re-tendering of the Genealogy Service be approved for a period of 16 months 2nd November 2021 to 31st March 2023 with an option to extend for 1 year;
12.That authority be delegated to the Director of Strategic Commissioning (DASS) in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Social Care and Ageing Well to approve any contract awards and contract extension documents in accordance with the Council’s Constitution/Scheme of Delegation.
Reasons for the decision:
The recommendations made in the report ensure that the council remains contractually compliant in relation to the services in scope. The context around each separate recommendation was detailed below in the ‘key points for consideration’ section of the submitted report