To consider the report of the Director of Neighbourhoods.
The Sub-Committee considered a report of the Director of Neighbourhoods which provided an update on revenue and capital expenditure, commitments and balances of Rochdale South Township Funds 2020/2021 and to enable the allocation of funds to proposed projects.
In considering the funding applications the Sub-Committee received oral representations from the applicant’s and/or their representatives, who were in attendance at the meeting.
Members were asked to decide whether or not to approve the allocation of funds to projects/schemes as appropriate.
1. That the expenditure, commitments and balances of the Rochdale South Township Funds 2020/21, as detailed in Appendices 1 and 2 of the submitted report be noted;
2. That the decisions made under delegated authority as detailed in Appendix 3 of the submitted report be noted;
3. That the Townships and Communities Manager, in consultation with the Chair, Vice Chair and opposition spokesperson of the Sub-Committee, be given delegated authority to make decisions on any deferred projects;
4. It be noted that the Townships and Communities Manager has assessed the proposed projects to be considered for funding against the criteria of eligibility for the Rochdale South Township Fund, the priorities of the Township and any specific risks have been identified in the report;
5. That applications for Township Funds 2020/21, (as outlined at Appendix 4 of the submitted report); be dealt with as follows:-
a) RP/12/20 Tackling Minds – allocation of £2000 approved in principle with the final decision delegated to the Chair, Vice-Chair and Opposition Spokesperson pending the decisions of other Townships on this application;
b) RP/21/20 Football v Anti-social behaviour at Burton Park – allocation of £682.36 approved;
c) RP/11/20 Chicane barrier and replace fence at Lock 24, Off Crawford Street – allocation of £2178 approved;
d) RP/15/20 Half Acre Drive and Linnet Hill Waiting Restrictions – allocation of £4500 approved;
e) RP/19/20 Count Street/Kingsway Waiting Restrictions – allocation of £5500 approved;
f) RP/22/20 Palatine Street Alleyway Street Light – allocation of £5366.19 approved;
g) RP/24/20 British Legion Grave Memorial Restoration – allocation of £1366.08 approved;
h) RP/25/20 Bury Road and Sandy Lane Junction Investigation – allocation of £15,000 approved.
Reasons for the decisions:
The management of the Rochdale South Township Fund is delegated to the Rochdale South Township Action and Resources Delegated Sub Committee.
Rochdale South Township Funds are allocated to projects that benefit the Township’s community and environment, and realise the Township priorities.
To enable the Sub-Committee to monitor and review the use of the Rochdale South Township Funds to ensure continued efficient and effective use of the funds.
Eligible for call in – Yes