Audit and Risk Management Committee
· To discharge non-executive functions as set out in Part 3 to the Constitution relating to the annual statement of accounts
· To consider and approve the Annual Governance Statement
· To approve the Internal Audit Charter
· To review and approve the Internal Audit Annual Plan and the Risk Management Strategy, considering the effectiveness of the proposed audit programme in providing adequate assurance over arrangements for governance, risk management and internal control for the ensuing year.
· To consider the Internal Audit reports arising from the Internal Audit Annual Plan, ensuring that adequate management responses are made in respect of the findings of audit investigations, and particularly monitoring the outcomes of responses to individual significant adverse reports on financial management and internal control.
· To consider the Internal Audit Annual Report and to ensure the implementation of any appropriate action that may be identified.
· To review the adequacy of the Anti-Fraud and Corruption Strategy, and related policies and procedures, to ensure their application and effectiveness.
· To consider the External Audit Plan, the external auditor’s annual letter, relevant reports and the annual report to those charged with governance on issues arising from the audit of the Annual Statement of Accounts.
· To receive the reports of external inspection agencies that are relevant to the Terms of Reference of this Committee, and engage with those agencies as appropriate to ensure that appropriate and effective relationships between those agencies and the Council are maintained
· To review the Council’s Risk Registers.
Support officer: Peter Thompson. 4715
Phone: 01706 924715